Chapter Twenty-Seven

Walking down an near-abandoned street of Central City at night both put me at ease, and made me anxious. I really did need this time to myself, so I guess it felt good.

Hearing the roaring of engines got my attention, so instead of turning to the bustling streets, I headed underneath the old bridge, where what looked to be hundreds of people stood, scattered around and cheering.

As I got closer to the crowd, someone slid out of a car. And honestly, I wasn't surprised that it was Wally.

Both of made eye contact for a moment as I quickly walked up to him, a look of both annoyance an d fear in his eyes.

"I'm going to take a wild guess and say that this is why you didn't show up for dinner last night." I said with a small huff as Wally rolled his eyes.

"Guess I didn't have my dad to teach me that." Wally said as my mouth dropped.

"Jesus Christ Wally. Show at least a little respect for him. Now, is this why you came to Central City? To drag race instead of meet your dad and sister?" I asked as he sighed, looking around.

"No one would race me in Keystone anymore. Why am I even telling you this? I don't have to explain this onto you." He said bluntly as I sighed, crossing my arms.

"Actually, you should. Sure, you don have to tell your dad about this and I understand why. I mean, the shit you're doing tonight is illegal. And if you've forgotten already, your dad is a cop-"

"Right, the detective that didn't know he had a son, and doesn't know anything about me." Wally said, cutting me off as I frowned.

"We are trying, Wally. But we won't get far if you keep blowing us off like this." I said as Wally pointed to his car.

"This is how I pay for my moms medical bills, Daisy. It's how she gets the help she needs." He argued as I rubbed my face.

"I understand that, Wally. I do. But this." I gestured to everything around us as he slowly looked around. "This isn't the way to go. Let me help you get a job or something. Or at least let me help by giving you some money."

"I don't want your money. In don't need a job, either." He said bluntly as I nodded slowly.

"Then do something else that won't end up with you in a cell or a casket." I said as he only rolled his eyes again.

"Look Daisy. You seem like you're trying to get me to like you and the West's." Wally said as I nodded slowly, listening. "But I got my own family to care about. You should go back to them." Wally said as he began to walk away, leaving me standing by myself, frowning after him.

I started debating telling at least Joe or Barry about this. Telling Iris would mean she'd dig so deep into the  drag racing dangers to get Wally out of it. It might be good to tell her, though.

Wally seemed like such a sweet kid that was only doing this out of the good of his heart, but I could feel something terrible coming out of this.

Sighing, I made my way out from under the bridge, feeling several eyes on me in the process before making sure our was out of sight and running back to the West's.

"Hey Daisy, how's it going?" I heard Joe say as I shut the door, giving him a half-hearted smile, still debating wether to tel him about Wally.

"Good um.. Joe I know why Wally didn't come over last night..." I spoke quietly as Joe tilted his head and frowned.

"Oh?" He said as I sat on the couch.

"Well, I was walking back here from S.T.A.R. Labs, and I heard a bunch of engines running under that abandoned bridge close to the outside of Central City... a drag race thing going on and.. well Wally was one of the racers." I said as Joe's face dropped.