Chapter Fifeteen

"I don't like how... similar they look." I said as I stared at Harrison Wells, who was currently consuming an entire full course meal of Big Belly Burger.

"That's why they are called doppelgängers." Cisco said as I frowned.

"But he's not even our Wells' doppelgänger. Because that Wells was a fake. I beg this one is even colder than the other considering his mannerisms towards us." Caitlin said quietly.

"Can we have one week where we aren't surprised by something of someone from our past?" I asked, looking up at the sky before turning to my two friends. "I need to go to CCPN. I'll probably be back within the next two hours." I said before walking out of the Cortex, where Barry was there to interrupt my thoughts.

"Cora can I talk to you?" He asked as I stopped walking, questioning the things I may have done wrong before nodding.

Pulling me aside, Barry looked around to make sure no one was listening. "Did you know that Wells broke into Mercury Labs? Before we found him?" He asked as I widened my eyes, shaking my head.

"If I'm being honest, I didn't even think he was real last night. I thought I got too hammered at a club, though I probably would have remembered going to a club." I said as Barry rose a brow.

"So Joe didn't say anything to you?" He asked as I frowned.

"Barry, if Joe told me that Harrison Wells, the man that murdered your mom is alive and walking, I don't think I would have kept that a secret from you." I said as Barry sighed and nodding in agreement with my statement. "Now, I have to get to CCPN and Caitlin drove me here so do you mind-"

In an instant, I was swept off my feet, now standing in the alleyway next to CCPN. "Thank you!" I whisper yelled as I walked out of the alley and into my day job.

"I don't care how many touchdowns tanner throws. I'm not interviewing some roided out jerk who hit his wife. Unless it's to hold him accountable for domestic violence." Linda Park said to Larkin as he sighed loudly.

"All right. Run your story Park. Cora!" He said, getting my attention as I was fixing my hair from it being blown everywhere. "Do you have the latest news on the Flash and these strange portals popping up all over Central City?"

"Uh, it's coming along. Should be done by tomorrow, chief." I said with a not-so-hopeful smile as he raised a brow before walking away as Iris walked up to us.

"She shoots." Iris said to Linda as we both imitated a swish.

"She scores." She and I said in unison as Linda chuckled.

"Larkin's the best editor I've ever worked for. It's just, every once in a while.." Iris started as I finished her sentence.

"You have to remind him it's the 21st century." I said with a smile as we all laughed.

"Took the words right out of my mouth." Iris said as Linda chuckled before being called off, just as Joe walked in.

"Iris, Cora." Joe said as we walked over to him. I already knew what he was going to talked about, so I kind of just remained silent.

I didn't hear the first half of the conversation, too busy staring outside to hear it.

"But that's not really him, is it? The Wells who Eddie took his life to stop?" Iris said as Joe shook his head.

"Apparently not." Joe said as me and Iris both sighed.

"That's life in Central City these days, isn't it?" Iris said as I nodded slowly.