Chapter 96

Jaden pov

She had finally managed to fall asleep after about three hours of just constant pain. Her head was rested on my shoulder, so I got up and laid her down, trying to move her as little as possible. Her hand reached out to grab mine as I sat down in the chair next to the bed. I grabbed a hold of her hand, and held it while she slept.

It had been another three hours and a doctor had yet to come round. My head shot up at the sounds of the handle moving, but it was just Stefan and Remi.

"Oh my god." One of them mumbled. "Jaden, you need to change. You can't just sit there with blood on your shirt." Remi said as she held out a clean shirt.

"I'm not letting go of her hand." I denied as I looked away and over to Mirri.

"Then at least Stefan cut it off. You can't leave it like that." She offered.

I just shrugged. I really couldn't find it in me to care. I was more worried about what was wrong with Mirri to care about a little bit of blood. I felt him cut the shirt off me and pull it away.

I was going to start talking to them, but I felt Mirri's grip her tighter on me. My head moved in her direction and I saw her eyes open. They were already glossed over, and her hands were shaking slightly.

"Hey princess. How you feeling?" I asked her as she squeezed my hand again.

"It still hurts. Like really bad." She answered, her voice coarse and broken from crying.

"Has the bleeding stopped?" I asked her, to which she just shook her head. "Can one of you two go and see if there's a doctor available to see her now?" I asked as I looked over at Remi and Stefan.

"Yeah, I'll go." Stefan answered a she stood up and left the room.

"You're gonna be okay princess." I assured as she smiled at me weakly before closing her eyes and falling back asleep.

"Jaden." Remi mumbled, grabbing my attention.

"Yeah?"

"You need to be prepared for a miscarriage. It's a high possibility that she has. With all the bleeding and unbearable pain, it might be because the baby die-"

"Remi. Stop talking. I don't want to think about that." I mumbled, cutting her off.

"Right. Sorry." She apologised before she went back on her phone.

I looked over at Mirri and ran my thumb over her knuckles. I really didn't want to think about losing the baby, but I knew I had to be prepared for every possibility.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Mirriella pov

"Princess?" I felt someone lightly tap me as I woke up. "Come on baby. The doctor is here now." Jaden explained as he tucked a piece of hair behind my ear.

"Okay." I mumbled as I sat up, ignoring the pain in my back.

She came in and did a checkup, but wasn't telling anyone anything. She examined me and then did a scan. Remi and Stefan had both left the room to go and do something, I was staring up at the ceiling trying to think of anything but the pain. And Jaden was sat next to me, holding my hand while the doctor did everything that she needed to do.

She walked out of the room to go and look over the files and all the new information she had just collected. The bleeding had slowed down significantly and so she left us some wipes to clean up the dried blood from off of us.

Jaden stood up and walked over to the foot of the bed. He carefully grabbed my legs and started cleaning off the blood. He spread my legs a little further so he could clean my inner thighs which caused me to let out small whimpers as the pain increased.

"I know, I'm sorry. I should've been more careful princess." He apologised as he moved my legs closer together.

He quickly wiped my hands, from where I squeezed his shirt earlier and then his own, from holding my hand. He also wiped down his stomach from where he carried me and threw the wipes in the trash can and sat back down, a lot closer to me this time, and held my hand.

It was only then had I noticed a new tattoo he had added to his collection. It was on his neck so I used the hand that wasn't holding his to push his head so he was looking at the door, and his tattoo was better on show and more clear. It was a tiara with the word "PRINCESS" written underneath.

"When did you get this done?" I asked him as I lightly ran my fingers over the ink

"When did you get this done?" I asked him as I lightly ran my fingers over the ink. The skin around it was still very red, so it can't have been long ago that he had it done.

"About three or four days." He answered, my fingers vibrating slightly from his voice.

"How come I've never noticed it?" I questioned again, this time moving my hand to trace the barbed wire so he can turn his head.

"Because when you're awake, I stand to the right of you, so you don't see it. When you're asleep you can't see anything, so that's not a problem. And then today is the first time I've sat in a position where you can see it." He explained as he looked over at me.

"But why'd you hide it?" I asked as I twisted the ring on his middle finger.

"Because it was supposed to be a surprise. I was going to take you out to the lakes and show you it. Along with a few other activities but that's not the point." He mumbled the last part which made me giggle slightly, despite the pain that it caused.

"Why did you get it?" The way he looked at me, I'm pretty sure I could actually hear his brain moving to try and figure out what I had asked him.

"You. Obviously." He answered back as we both laughed at my stupidity.

We were just sitting there laughing. Completely forgetting we were in the hospital. Until the doctor had opened the door again.