Chapter 48

Helpless, she can only helplessly watch as the people whom her mother borrowed money for in the past came knocking on their door, demanding to be paid this instant.

Money was essential in this materialistic world, gain and losses are weighted more like the poor get poorer every generation. It was like no matter how hard we tried to get our legs from getting muddied we would only sink furthermore in the mud.

Coupled with the stress from school as the activities were piled up more and more, expenses were doubled and the problem at home was beginning to take a toll on our family.

"Why did you have to punch Arnel! Now they wanted to sue you for punching him!"

Our home was currently in a mess, my fourth brother Jhonrie, punched someone after taking offense at the guy named Arnel. They were drinking at that time and then all of a sudden he was punching him in the face, his face all bloodied and bruised and now we're facing another headache.

"I can deal with it," he said offhandedly, his eyes sober yet one could still see the haze of confusion on it.

"Deal with it?" My mother's voice was piercing to the ear. "You're gonna get yourself behind bars if we don't settle it privately!"

The family of Arnel has already told us to give us four thousand pesos for the hospital fees and although it was too much for them to ask that big of an amount, they knew that if they didn't settle this early their younger brother would be in jail.

"I'll pay for it first" Their eldest brother, Richard suddenly announced which caught them off guard.

"Piss off! I can handle it on my own!"

"You could barely handle yourself, how could you handle the business of another!" He gritted and only waved his hand at him and slightly pushed their mother inside the room to discuss how they should deal with this.

My third brother gave him a bag filled with ice, he just murmured a small thank you and proceeds to put it in his face. She looked at his brother in disappointment, he just added another headache for their family because of his unruliness.

"Kuya, I don't wish for you to change anymore but please... stop giving problems that you know you can't solve" Then she left to return to her room, the sound of her neighbor fighting rang into their home and he can only blast the volume in her phone to high.

Eric: Hi love, are you finished with our math assignment? I am but I'm not sure if its right, I can send it to you

I turn on my phone and saw Eric's message, I took the time to reply, my head still heavy after the trouble that my fourth brother created.

Ange: Thank you, I'll take it

My eyes travel to the mountain of work that I have yet to finish, it needs to be finished this week and I haven't still finished one assignment and activity.

Eric: Is something wrong?

He was quick to discover my mood and that was one of his merits. 

Ange: Just something at home, I don't want to talk about it

I don't want to dump my troubles to him, I have already vented my stress at him for days and he would just take it in.

Eric: I'm an excellent listener, if you need someone to talk to just ring me and I'll be there besides, God wouldn't bring you problems that he knew you wouldn't solve

It's one of the things that I like from him, his devotion to god and that is just one of the most important qualities I have listed in my mind if I have a boyfriend.

Ange: Thank you, I'll always remember that now send me the picture

He not only sent his answer on our math assignment but also some of the assignments and activities that were due this week. He also composed some jokes and sent some funny pictures that earned a laugh from me. My gloomy mood lessened and I find myself smiling foolishly as I read his funny jokes.

***
Chapter 48 is up!

Fun fact: Eric is indeed part of a church organization.

Have a great day everyone and stays safe!

Make sure to VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Thank you!