Chapter 117

I couldn't sleep in the middle of the night, my eyes were wide awake and no hint of sleepiness could be felt on me. Tomorrow's the entrance exam where we would have to pass a test to be able to go to our chosen university.

I'm nervous. Deeply afraid that I'll fail and never be able to attend a university. Negative thoughts occupied my mind until a sudden ring from my phone caught my thoughts off guard.

"Hello, Eric? You're still not asleep? You'll get used to your new home, don't worry, it's okay to be uncomfortable for a while"

He and his family have long moved to Cavite for a week already. My eyes were puffy red by the end of the day and calls were very frequent between us. If it weren't for tomorrow's event I would have called him and stayed on the phone for hours without getting bored.

"I'm fine and by the way, I step on cow shit yesterday. It made me want to throw up as soon as I felt that squishy feeling on my toes. Even if I wash my feet to a sea of alcohol I don't think I would be able to get rid of that smell"

I burst into laughter after hearing his experience, stepping on shit is indeed a very embarrassing matter even more so the feeling of that soft mud-like texture when it spreads on your toes is enough for me to have nightmares.

"Then I also saw my cousins and a group of young boys. They pushed me from the top and I was like a wet chicken after I returned home" I can imagine his expression of wanting to curse but stopping himself from making sins.

"Well then what else happened?"

"Of course my mother almost thought I drowned and when she learned I was with my cousins she ran to the kitchen to get a wooden spoon to slap my butt with"

A gasp from collective laughter erupted from me and before I knew it I was clutching my belly in both pain and pleasure. Just visualizing him running for his life because of his mother's spoon I had the urge to roll on the floor laughing.

The two of us continued our talk, how he started his day on his uncle's farm and the little chicks that pecked him in his toes. The aunts always ask him if he has a girlfriend and then let everyone know that he has one. Cousins of varied age ages at him in curiosity before playing with him and even playing pranks on him.

His life at the province seems for the better he says, mostly for his mother who is now joyfully managing the vegetable crops that they have in their backyard.

I was happy to know that he and his family have been successfully integrated and are continuing to develop well in their new home. Being in a new environment was something that every person would go into, one should always have the ability to adapt to be able to reach a comfortable life.

Sleepiness hits me and I said goodbye to him, with a sweet smile I turned my phone but not before scheduling the alarm clock, and off I slept.

...

"Wow that's a lot, Kaye" I look at Kaye's papers which is now she's holding, dotted with notes and texts from a certain subject.

"I just needed to review more. Have you reviewed?" I nodded and replied a not a much positive answer.

"I only reviewed yesterday" alex buts in and I laughed at her after hearing that she didn't even bother to review math.

Same girl.

"Dang Morong is big!" I look at the wide expanse of Morong's university, the entrance was packed with students yet it was so big it could fit all of the students in Madeigal, maybe thrice of it. 

We soon huddled into a line and were sent to our designated rooms. I wander my eyes around and gaped at the expanse of space that was in front of my very eyes. Huge trees grew from every corner, a section of triangular space only dedicated for plants was seen near the hallways of the building we were sent to.

Their rooms were relatively large with a flat-screen instead of a blackboard and a metal chair with an accompanying desk on the right. The teacher that would supervise us is from Angono, she was the nurse that we saw when we visited the university.

Soon we take out the papers that we'd filled out from a month earlier and passed them to the aisle. Wrote our names and ID number before getting a thin book with a de8synated number on top as well as several 60 items for the math subject.

Wow. The first test subject is math, great. I'll so do well on this.

***
Chapter 117 is up!

Have a great day everyone and stay safe!

Make sure to VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Thank you!