1. first night of summer

"C'mon guys! It was the last day of school. Let's get wasted!" Avie shouted as music played in the back of the chateau as they all sat in and around the hottub.

"I'm not gonna say no to that." JJ smiled with his arm around Avie in the hottub and turned to kiss her cheek.

"Of course you're not, JJ. You'll take any opportunity to give yourself more brain damage." Kie spoke after grabbing a beer and hanging her legs over the hottub.

John B laughed to himself and sipped his beer as he sat in the hottub.

Pope sat on the edge of the hottub and kept to himself while sipping on his drink.

"Avie, did you find out if you failed algebra?" Sarah asked before reaching over the hottub to grab a drink.

Avie giggled, "No, I actually passed with a 70!"

The crew laughed. Avie was never bad at school but she was definitely more street smart than school smart. Her brothers, on the other hand, were straight A students; even during college as well.

"I'm so proud of you, baby." JJ said jokingly. The only way he passed was forging his father's signature on every failing grade.

"Nice," Sarah laughed.

"I'll cheers to that." John B spoke and lifted his beer in the air. They all followed along, said a cheers and chugged their first drinks of the night.

Avie looked at JJ and smiled. JJ looked back at her with a grin on his face, "What?"

Avie shrugged and got up to grab another drink, "Nothin." She climbed out the hot tub as her boyfriend stared at her body. She was no 6 foot, boney model but she was sure as hell in shape. She was thin but had a decent amount of definition on her arms, legs and stomach. JJ would also add that her butt was perfect as well but Avie would hit him in the head.

"Who wants another round?" Avie shouted.

"I would love that." Pope grabbed a drink from her hand.

"Me, please, Avie." Kie smiled.

"Yes, m'am." Sarah took the drink.

"Thanks Avie." John B took a drink as well.

"Beer me, baby." JJ was the last to take a drink from his girl.

Avie smiled, handed him  a drink and took a sip from hers.

"Come here." JJ nodded his head towards the empty spot next to him. As she walked over, he snaked his arm around her waist and gave her hip a squeeze. She giggled and kissed his naked shoulder.

"We should have another adventure this summer." Avie spoke. JJ nodded in agreement. While he was the type to argue or fight with anybody, Avie was the one person he found himself never wanting to fight with. They all called him soft but he begged to differ.

"Umm, no thanks. I lost my scholarship after our last one." Pope spoke.

Sarah nodded, "This is true."

"After last summer, I'll pass." John B chuckled.

"Avie, I think we should lay low this summer. Last summer we nearly all got killed and on top of that, your brothers nearly killed JJ." Kie said to her. They all nodded in agreement.

JJ laughed, "I was fine. They love me now."

"They tolerate you, JJ. I don't think they love you." Pope said before taking a sip of his beer.

Avie shifted in discomfort. She hated when it was brought up that her brothers didn't like her boyfriend. She loved JJ with everything in her and it broke her heart that her brothers got into a huge physical fight with him. It was true that they just tolerate him now.