29. a hot bath

"Oh my god." Amelia said to herself as she watched the news.

"What?" Daylon furrowed his eyebrows from the kitchen.

"Hm?" Avie hummed through a mouth full of ice cream.

"Fatass." Daylon mumbled then walked living room.

Avie rolled her eyes and brought her pint of ice cream to the couch, sitting next to Dayon.

Ashton followed behind but stood behind the recliner that their mother sat in. 

Amelia glanced at her children then turned her attention back to the TV, "A teenager from the area died of an overdose. It was laced. Could you believe it?"

"Yeah, I could believe it." Avie shrugged.

Ashton looked at her confused.

"They gotta watch where they buy from." Daylon stated bluntly.

"It doesn't matter who they buy from! It could happen to anyone." Amelia said matter-of-factly. 

"Nah, you gotta know the source and you're good." He responded.

"And you would know?" Amelia raised a concerned eyebrow at her son.

"Yeah, Day, how would you know?" Avie looked at him and smirked.

Daylon flipped his hand up from his lap to slap the spoon out of her hand.

Avie gasped as the ice cream from the spoon hit the carpet of the living room.

"Daylon!" Amelia shouted.

Avie groaned and grabbed the spoon off the ground and walked back to the kitchen as Ashton followed behind her.

"You told him you knew?" He hovered over her as she grabbed paper towels. 

"You really thought I wouldn't confront him?" Avie ripped off a few paper towels.

Daylon followed in shortly after, "The fuck is wrong with you, bitch!?" He tried not to get loud so Amelia wouldn't hear.

"I didn't say anything." Avie argued as both her brothers towered over her blocking her from walking to the living room, "Move."

"Quit trying to start shit about my life." Daylon told her.

"You're gonna get him and yourself in deep shit." Ashton added.

"I'm not starting anything! I'm already in deep shit," She gestured towards her growing belly, "and your shit is gonna bite you in the ass if you don't fix yourself." She looked up at Daylon.

Daylon grabbed the collar of Avie's sweatshirt and pulled her to her tippy toes so that she was face to face with him, "Remember my promise about that kid's father." He spoke lowly before shoving her back and walking away.

She stumbled from his force and Ashton caught a hold of her arm so she wouldn't lose balance.

"What's he talking about?" He asked concerned.

"Nothing." Avie tried to walk back to the living room but Ashton stopped her with one hand.

"Remember who's kept Daylon from killing JJ the past couple months."

Avie sighed, "Fine. After I confronted him he told me if I told Mom and Dad, the baby won't ever meet JJ." She looked down at the paper towels in her hands sadly.

"Smart man." Ashton squinted his eyes as he looked down the hallway in his thoughts.

"But we need to help him."