scare

Someone also suggested this recently but I had this one planned out for a while now :) enjoy!

****

JJ and Avie sat on the couch of their new apartment, taking in the feeling of having a few days together before he went back to work full time. He had some time off so he could help with the move. 

Avie was laid underneath his arm as her head rested on his shoulder, one hand tucked between her knees to keep warm and the other resting on her lower stomach. She hadn't been feeling well this day, tired from the move and just overall exhaustion. 

JJ shifted and noticed her hand resting on her stomach as a few thoughts crossed his mind. It had been on his mind for days now but he decided against saying anything since she was moodier than normal, not wanting to make her upset. 

But as he sat there and thoughts continued to run though his mind making him wonder, he decided to speak up.

"Hey, baby, um.." He started as he felt uncomfortable with addressing it. He almost instantly regretted speaking up.

"Hm?" She turned her head to look up at him as their eyes locked.

"You um, well I was wondering," His eyes shifted down at his lap, "have you like- you know.."

"JJ," Avie sat up and faced him as she giggled, "What are you trying to ask right now?"

He chuckled nervously with a heavy breath, "You just..you've been acting different."

Her smile faded as her eyebrows knitted together.

"Sorry, actually, forget it. It's stupid."

"No." She placed a gentle hand on his jaw and turned his head back to face her, "Ask me because now I need to know."

"Are you pregnant?" He blurted out then brought a hand to cover his mouth.

"What?" Avie's eyes widened.

He sat there and stared at her with wide eyes but couldn't speak.

"Where did you get that from!?"

"It's just, and lord please protect me, you've been.. you know moodier than usual and like.. I don't know...bloated?"

Avie's jaw dropped at his words, offended that he was thinking negative things about her emotions and body.

"Shit, Avie, I didn't mean it like that." He sat up further.

She stood up, "I can't believe you would think mean things like that."

"It's not in a mean- Avie!" He stood up and followed behind her as she walked.

"Stop following me."

"You didn't answer my question."

"I'm getting my period! There! Are you happy?" She snapped as she turned around to face him.

He stopped short and placed his hands on her arms, "Baby, I wasn't thinking like that. It's just.. you're doing the same things you did the first time."

She stepped back and kept her eyes on his, "What do you mean?"

"Snapping at me for every little thing," JJ laughed slightly and rubbed his thumb over her cheek, "eating my food, holding your belly when you're stressed. Aves, c'mon. Tell me the truth." He titled his head and placed his hands on her waist.

She looked down and shrugged.

"Fuck, wait. You're not actually pregnant, are you? Because I didn't think you'd say yes."