5. clocking out early

"You wanna tell me why you didn't text or call me last night?" JJ asked Avie as the walked onto the HMS Pogue. 

"I fell asleep early." Avie looked down. She was scared and embarrassed and besides Sarah, she felt so alone.

"Normally you call when that happens."

"JJ, can we please not do this here?" Avie sat down next to Sarah. She looked between the two, figuring she never told her boyfriend the situation, and rubbed Sarah's thigh briefly.

"Sorry, sorry," JJ laughed, "Just trying to understand."

Sarah looked at JJ getting nervous as to what his reaction would be when he finds out.

Kie and Pope were talking amongst themselves at the back. John B just stared at Avie and JJ confused.

"How are you feeling, Avie?" Kie walked over to the group and grabbed a snack.

"I feel better, yeah." She was not feeling better. She was actually feeling worst thanks to the dark cloud hanging over her head about telling her boyfriend he's the father of the unborn fetus inside her. She was also nervous about the waves from the boat. What if she feels sick again.

"Got your period?" JJ asked, knowing what they were scared of.

Avie hesitated then nodded.

Sarah looked at her confused. Was the test wrong?

"Oh good, now we can celebrate!" John B smiled and tossed Avie a beer.

"Thank god." JJ sat next to Avie. He leaned over to look at Sarah, "You her boyfriend now?"

Sarah smiled and rolled her eyes, "Just trying to be supportive of my friend."

"Supportive of what?" Pope asked.

Avie shrugged, "Girl things." Sarah and Kie nodded in agreement.

Avie looked at the beer bottle unsure if she should drink it or not. If she's not going to keep it, then it doesn't matter, right?

"You gonna inspect it or drink it, baby?" JJ looked at her confused with a grin on his face.

Avie laughed nervously, "I just,-"

They were all looking at her.

"Fuck it." Avie opened the bottle and began chugging.

"That's what I'm talkin about, baby! Woo!" JJ shouted and drank his beer.

Sarah stared at Avie in shock. 

They whole crew except Sarah cheered as they sailed along the water.

"Avie, I hear your brothers are throwing a banger this weekend while your parents are away." John B spoke as he sailed the boat.

"Oh, yeah! They are and they're letting me invite all of you." Avie answered and took a sip of her drink. It felt wrong to drink but she knew she wasn't keeping it.

"We'll be away for our anniversary." Sarah fake pouted as she stood up to hug John B's torso.

"Yeah, wish we could be there." John B stated and kissed Sarah's head.

"I'll be there." Pope smiled.

"Wouldn't miss it." Kie joined in.

"No parties booked this weekend so I'll be there every night." JJ winked and drank his beer.

Avie looked at JJ sadly and smiled. She hoped he couldn't see how fake it was.

He kissed her cheek and whispered in her ear, "You okay?"