50. graduation

"You sure you finished all your assignments, baby?" JJ asked his girlfriend who looked into the bathroom mirror as she put her earrings in.

"Yes, JJ, my guidance councilor double checked last week. I'm graduating." Avie said matter-of-factly then placed her hands on her hips to check out her body, "You don't think my mom-bod shows in this dress?" She ran a hand over the curve of her belly. Though her body was recovering, she still had a slight bump that wasn't there before River.

"Not at all." JJ shook his head and readjusted Riv on his hip. She was finally at the age when she could be held on the hip which made things a lot easier for the young parents, "You'll be wearing that gown anyway." He continued to take in her body, loving how the black dress exaggerated her curves. He still couldn't believe after almost three summers together that he landed someone as flawless as Avery Mae Thomas. Needless to say the proof was on his hip that they were in each others lives for good now.

Avie rolled her eyes then turned to her boyfriend, "You should be, too."

JJ shrugged, "I got another raise."

Avie raised her eyebrows and smirked, "Oo, my boy thinks he's rich now, huh?"

"We, baby. We are rich."

Avie chuckled and shook her head, "Let me put your bow tie on." She grabbed the neck tie off the bathroom counter and pulled it around his neck, tightening it then wiggling it to get it straight.

" She grabbed the neck tie off the bathroom counter and pulled it around his neck, tightening it then wiggling it to get it straight

"Perfect." She grinned and kissed his lips, "Now give me her." She lifted Riv off JJ's hip and gave her a long kiss on the cheek and in return the child whined and tried to push her away.

JJ chuckled, "Aha, she wanted Daddy, huh?" He went to reach for her but Avie turned to put her makeup bag away.

She rolled her eyes sitting Riv on her hip and she leaned her head onto her mother's chest to relax, "No, she was just annoyed. Let's go." She made her way out of the bathroom, picking up her mini backpack on her way out and headed towards the front door. JJ followed behind making eye contact with his daughter. He pouted at her before she giggled at his expression.

"You guys ridin' with us?" John B smiled at the couple. He sat with the rest of the crew in the living room as they waited for Avie and JJ to finish getting ready. With a six month old baby, they found themselves running behind everyone else quite often.

"Fuck yeah, man." JJ smirked at his friend.

Avie huffed, "No, we have to take my car. Riv's car seat, Mr. Father of the Year."

"Shit," JJ sighed, "forgot about that."

"Forgot about your daughter?" Kie raised an eyebrow at him.

"No." JJ squinted at her.

"I can't believe you're not graduating with us." Pope stood up as they all began walking outside.