25. you felt that?

Avie sat at her kitchen table after school, scrolling through her phone as she waited for JJ to come pick her up for her 20 week appointment. She always hated these. They made her feel so violated and vulnerable. It also made the fact that she is having a baby too real.

It was the next day, Wednesday to be exact, and JJ was running late.

"Yo, Aves, where's ya boyfriend?" Ashton nodded to her as he walked out of his room. He was getting ready for his shift at the bar.

"He's on his way." Avie didn't look up from her phone.

"Doesn't your appointment start in 5 minutes?" Daylon walked behind Ashton in his boxers and a t-shirt.

This time, Avie put her phone down as she braced herself for Daylon.

"Does it matter to you?" Avie closed her eyes slowly before opening them to look at her brother.

"Well, I'm just wondering since, you know, he seems to be running late." Daylon raised his eyebrows in a sarcastic way.

"Again, does it matter to you?"

"This what he'll be like as a dad? Not around much, late to shit, missing things." He leaned against the counter.

"Shut the fuck up, man. You're late to everything." Ashton hit his chest.

"Sorry, just looking out for our baby sister. Seems like someone forgot our promise to Dad when we first learned to talk." Daylon said half joking. He remembered the story his father told him about when the boys were young and learning how words worked. Rian had told them mommy had a baby girl in her belly and that his two sons needed to protect her forever. It was a cute, cheesy story but Daylon and Ashton took it seriously at the time. Deep down, they still do. Maybe Daylon a little too much.

"If you were looking out for me, you wouldn't be threatening to kill JJ." Avie sat up in her chair.

"Kid doesn't have a good life anyway and no future; I'd be doing him a favor." Daylon shrugged.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" Avie let out a laugh of shock and looked to Ashton, "Is he serious right now?

"You're takin' it too far, man." Ashton faced his brother.

Avie stood up, "He does, actually, have a future. A daughter. A fucking child he'd appreciate being alive for to raise and watch grow up!" She pushed Daylon back taking him off guard as he stumbled.

"I'm not fuckin' scared to hit you again, bitch."

"Bro!" Ashton shoved him.

"All you fucking' do is ruin anything good for me!" Avie shouted and got closer to him as Ashton attempted to stay in between. Avie thought he was trying to keep them apart but really he was just protecting her, not wanting Daylon do to something stupid.

"What good has come from getting pregnant!? Huh?" Daylon tried pushing away Ashton's arms that were in his way of grabbing Avie.

"You wouldn't know! You've been too distracted by trying to kill JJ!"

"I wouldn't have to fuckin' kill him if he didn't knock you up with his fucked up life!"

"God, you act like he did this on purpose and left!" Avie tugged at her hair, "What the hell has happened to you!? It's like you don't even care about me anymore, Daylon! Me, your fucking little sister!" She was screaming at this point.

"When I realized you were too good for a pogue like him! Always high, drunk or fighting! You're not meant for that life, Avie! You shouldn't be stuck with him when you're raising your baby." Daylon began lowering his voice as he realized that he was more angry with JJ than Avie herself.