beach day

Cute suggestion from @meganleigh1234 <3

****

Riv was now two, entering the summer months eager to be on the boat and spend her days at the beach. She grew to understand what boats were and how much fun they could be every time JJ would drag her along with him. It made Avie nervous as she got older and was more capable of jumping or falling off but she knew how much her daughter loved being outside with them.

She was for sure JJ's child with the amount of risks that she began to take as she grew up and learned more of the world. She enjoyed jumping off the couch at home, dunking her whole head under the water in the bath, running on the grass and falling on purpose, and even when the car would hit a bump in the road which would cause her head to wobble in her car seat. Every little thrill she tended to love.

River sat in the sand at the beach as her parents, aunts, and uncles sat on beach towels and blankets beside her. They tried to get her to stay on the towels to avoid sand getting all in her bathing suit but she preferred to sit comfortably in the warmth of the sand as she took handfuls of it then let it slowly drain out of her hands.

She wore a light blue and white vertically striped one piece bathing suit that had a small, pink bow on each shoulder strap. Her golden blond hair was tied in two small space buns that sat right above her shoulders as a few strands strayed from the hair ties and sat against her forehead. Her shark tooth necklace was around her neck which matched her father's who wore his black bathing suit trunks with his necklace as well.

"Do you think she has enough sunscreen on?" Avie asked nervously after applying another round of sunblock on the child's sensitive skin for the second time in an hour.

JJ chuckled, "Relax, Aves. She's fine." He took a sip of his beer as he leaned back on his one hand, sitting on the towel that was beside his daughter. She looked over at him and smiled to see if he was watching her play.

"Hey, she's just being safe. Her skin is paler than her mother's." Sarah chimed in.

"Hey!" Avie chuckled and put the sunscreen in her bag.

Pope shrugged, "It's true."

JJ rolled his eyes and moved to stand up, tossing his empty can in the trash bin, "Well now that she's freshly coated, let's get this kid in the water." He tucked his hands under his child's arms and lifted her from behind causing her to kick her legs in defiance, shaking the leftover sand off her body.

"J, she was having fun." Avie stood up.

"No, c'mon, Rivvy. You wanna go swimming?" He asked excitedly and turned her around to face him, placing her on his hip.

Her face lit up before turning to look at the water which was not too far away. She looked back at JJ and pointed at the water, "Swim?"

He chuckled and nodded, "Yeah, you wanna swim with me and Mommy?"

She bounced excitedly in his arms, "Yeah! I wan swim!" She was finally able to form short sentences and pronounce words much better than she could before.

JJ smirked and looked at his girlfriend, "Told you she'd wanna go in." He turned his feet in the sand and began making his way towards the water, "Let's go, baby girl. I know Miss River Maybank don't pass up an opportunity to swim."

She laughed and wrapped her arms around his neck, hugging herself further against his chest in excitement. She lifted her head as they approached the water, "Waddah! Dada, wook."

"I see, Riv." He smiled and dipped his toes in.

"Down!" She wiggled in his arms. Avie made her way over shortly after and smiled at her daughter who was being placed down by her father. She felt her small feet submerge an inch under the cool water as she lifted her shoulders up to her ears and shivered as she giggled.