9. gotta stay safe

"The crew coming?" JJ asked Avie as she set up some chips on the table for the guests. She knew it wouldn't be enough for the amount of people coming but who would be eating chips when the goal is to be gone by the end of the night?

"Uh, Pope and Kie are. John B and Sarah are staying at a hotel for their one year." Avie answered and checked out the table.

"Right, forgot about that." JJ nodded and looked over in Ashton's direction as he exited his room.

"What time your friends coming?" He asked.

"Probably soon, why? When are your friends coming?" She asked her brother.

"Probably soon." He ate a chip.

"Can you please keep Daylon away from us? He's getting out of hand." Avie begged.

Ashton smirked and raised and eyebrow.

"C'mon, even you don't pull crap out of your ass anymore just to fight!" Avie told Ashton.

"This is true." JJ nodded, "You don't beat me anymore."

"Don't speak too soon, kid." Ashton looked at him up and down.

"Daylon picks fights over nothing! He just brings up last summer and that's it." Avie added.

"I'll keep him away tonight. Don't worry." Ashton said and grabbed a beer from the fridge, "You want a beer?"

"Me?" JJ looked confused, "You're offering me a drink?" This was very new for Ashton. Last summer he hit JJ over the head with a beer glass after he found out he had been sneaking into the house.

"Don't test me, boy."

"Sure, yeah, that'd be cool." JJ tried to play it cool.

"Avie?" Ashton looked at her.

"Um," Avie's cheeks turned pink, "Y-yeah, sure."

JJ furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. Did she forget they agreed to keep the thing inside her?

 Did she forget they agreed to keep the thing inside her?

Avie looked at JJ giving him a 'trust the process' look.

She took the beer from her brother and opened it but she didn't sip.

"Hello party people!" Kie shouted as she walked in holding a pack of beer. Pope smiled as he walked in next to her.

Kie looked at the beer in her hand and assumed she went through with the termination.

"You go girl." Kie told her and placed the pack of beers on the table.

JJ rubbed his temples feeling weird.

Avie just ignored her comment, "Hi, Pope."

"What's up, Avie?" Pope greeted her then made eye contact with Ashton whom, like JJ, was also very scared of him.