never having kids

This was a suggestion from one of you guys but I am SO sorry I deleted the screenshot I took so I don't remember the username but please comment if it was yours!

****

"What do I do!? Avie said she always eats her whole plate!" John B panicked as he vented to his girlfriend over the crying two year old that threw her plate of dinner on the floor. The couple offered Avie and JJ a night out as they babysat for River who, since 6 o'clock when her parents left, had been acting up. 

River was never one to give a hard time to anybody, even her parents, unless she was sick or not feeling well which was not often, but today she was giving her aunt and uncle beyond a hard time. She had stood by the door for twenty minutes crying after Avie and JJ had left. While she was definitely dependent on at least one of her parents always being with her, she was always calm when someone watched her. But today was different.

"Just-" Sarah let out a breath after watching Riv's plate get pushed off the table, "Maybe she's too stressed to eat."

"I've watched her before and she has never done this." John B shook his head and picked up the child's untouched plate. He examined the food on the floor before getting a paper towel to clean the pasta off the ground.

"Okay well she's a kid; they go through changes quickly and she's probably going through one right now." Sarah lifted Riv out of her high chair as she kicked her legs, her breath accelerating. 

The tears were already rolling down her cheeks, eyes darting throughout the apartment. It was as if she couldn't focus on anything specific and unable to comprehend anything that John B or Sarah said to her.

"C'mon, it's almost bed time, Rivvy. Mommy and Daddy will be home soon." Sarah tried to soothe her by rubbing her back and sitting her on her hip but the child only used her palms to push against Sarah's shoulders to get away, arching her back backwards, "Okay, okay." She said in attempt to remain calm during Riv's panic.

She let out another scream right before Sarah placed her feet on the ground. She stood there and looked around nervously, her fingers going to her shark tooth necklace as she let out quick, heavy breaths.

"Riv, it's okay. Do you wanna go to bed?" John B threw out the floor pasta and knelt next to her. He kept a distance when he remembered how she first backed away from him when he arrived. She was off this day and they couldn't pin point why.

"Mm." Riv pouted and turned her back to him. 

John B sighed, "I don't know what to do. This is fucking hard." He looked up at Sarah.

She bit her lip and stared at the little girl who sniffled, looking around nervously. Sarah checked her phone for the time, "It's almost 8. They should be home soon."

"I just don't get it. She's never done this to us before."

"Okay, I know but she's a child, John B." Sarah smiled softly and took his hands in hers as he stood up in front of her, "She's still figuring things out and maybe she's just super attached to them this week."

John B nodded and looked at their hands between them, "Did you ever want kids one day?"

Sarah scrunched her eyebrows but let out a chuckle, "One day, probably. Yeah, why?"

He shrugged and took his hands back then watched Riv, "Just wondering."

"Mama." River sniffled and walked to the front door. She reached for the doorknob but luckily JJ had installed a lock at the top of the door which she couldn't reach, "Mama." She whined again and tugged on the door knob.