3. im getting my period

Weeks had passed. Avie and her friends spent at least 3 days out of the week at the chateau with drinks in their hands. Though it was no adventure, they were having the most relaxed fun they ever had.

Sarah was over Avie's house as everyone else was working. Avie had a part time job at a small coffee shop called The Brew but she only ever worked mornings. Sarah did not have a job. She didn't need one.

"How's John B and you?" Avie asked as she scrolled through her phone. She had just gotten back from work and Sarah was bored so they decided to hang.

Sarah smiled, "He's good. He's taking me to a hotel next weekend."

"What! A hotel? Like in a cute romantic way?" Avie put her phone down.

Sarah laughed and nodded, "Yes. It'll be our one year anniversary and we wanted a little getaway."

"That's so cute!" Avie smiled. She was a hopeless romantic who loved love.

"Isn't it?" 

Avie nodded, "JJ and I will celebrate our one year at the end of the summer. I wonder what he'll do for me." Avie looked up and thought. She never really thought about celebrating an anniversary with JJ. They normally just go with the flow. They always did which is why it took years to make it official.

"If I know JJ, and how he is with you, I'm sure he'll make it super special." Sarah told her.

Avie nodded and rubbed her stomach that she felt cramping.

"Ugh, I think I'm getting my period." She groaned and took out her phone again.

"I just got over mine, it's the worst."

"Yeah, right." Avie sighed and looked at the app she used to track her period. 

5 days late.

What!?

Avie furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. She looked at the calendar on the app and tried recalculating. 

It didn't make sense.

Sarah was on her phone and didn't seem to notice the worry that was overtaking Avie.

Avie sighed and closed the app. Well she must be getting it soon if this is how she is feeling.

She let her head fall onto her bed. 

"You good?" Sarah smiled.

Avie nodded, "Cramps."

Sarah pouted her lip, "I'm sorry, girl. Maybe your man can help later."

Avie laughed, "He's so intense, he'll make it worst."

Sarah laughed, "How?"

"Last time I had cramps he tried rubbing my stomach, put too much pressure on me and made me throw up!"

"Are you serious?" Sarah was shocked.

Avie laughed, "Yes! I was so embarrassed."

Sarah laughed hysterically, "I'm sorry, that's kinda funny."

"Yeah, he felt really bad."

"One time John B told me to stop bleeding so we could have sex."

"No way!" Avie shouted.

"He thought women controlled when we bled!" Sarah rolled her eyes.

"He's insane."

"Maybe JJ will be better tonight."