sleepover with the uncle

Hey guys! I promise I'm working on lots of suggestions. I just want to go in order of Riv aging.
In the mean time, I started a new story called "Bad Love". It's a Rafe one so if you're into him at all go check it out! I will have chapter one out by tomorrow :) okie bye

****

Riv had spent the evening with her grandmother when Amelia offered to let her sleepover so Avie and JJ could finally have a night to themselves. Between JJ working and Avie just trying to keep the kid alive, they didn't have much time alone together.

River had just finished drinking the hot cocoa that Avie warned Daylon not to give her but when he saw her face as she cried when she tried his, he couldn't help but cave in and give her a sippy cup of warm chocolate milk. Even Ashton wanted to give in to his niece, the thought of her crying because of them hurting his heart. It definitely wound her up but the movie they were watching helped calm her down a bit. Maybe Avie wouldn't find out.

"Oh no," Amelia sat up on the couch and read a text on her phone.

"What?" Ashton asked as Riv slouched on his lap, leaning her back against his chest with her eyes glued to the comedy movie they were watching together. Maybe it wasn't the most child friendly selection but JJ had shown Riv worst by accident.

She wore white long sleeves and long pant pajamas that now had chocolate stains on it from spilling a little bit of the hot cocoa on herself when she got distracted from the movie.

Daylon was laid in the recliner, half asleep when he turned to look at his mother who still hadn't answered the question.

"One of the over night staff called out at the nursing home." Amelia stood up with a heavy sigh, "They're asking if I can cover."

"Just say you can't." Daylon shrugged.

"They're humans, Daylon. Not retail."

Ashton laughed and shook his head, his chest shaking Riv's head slightly as she shifted against him.

"Could you two watch her tonight for me? She can go to sleep after the movie is done and Avery said it's fine if she sleeps in the bed with one of us." Amelia slipped her shoes on.

"No, I'm goin' to see someone." Ashton told her.

"Who?" Daylon scrunched his eyebrows.

"None of your business." Ashton narrowed his eyes at him.

Amelia rolled her eyes and grabbed her bag, "Daylon, could you please take care of her? She's your niece."

"What?" Daylon sat up quickly, "That's not fair! You can't use that against me."

"I can and I am." Amelia looked at him sternly before grabbing her keys that hung by the door.

"They don't trust me with her!"

"Yay!" River clapped her hands as the credits began rolling on the TV. Ashton chuckled and sat up with her as she turned her body to slide off the couch.

"Oh, look at that. She can go right to sleep. Lucky you." Amelia grinned at her son, "I'll be back by the time she wakes up in the morning."

"Ma!" Daylon stood and tried to call her back in the house as she started walking out the door, "Damnit." He muttered to himself.

"Sorry, man." Ashton smirked with a shrug.

River tugged at Daylon's sweatpants and reached her arms up, "Dah." Her attempt at saying Daylon's name was weak but his cold heart melted at the thought of how much she loved him.

He rolled his eyes and lifted her up, "Ash, c'mon. JJ doesn't like me and you know Avie doesn't trust me alone with her." He tried to tell his brother, "I was gonna smoke tonight!" Riv sat on his hip and wrapped her small hands around her uncle's neck to hold herself up better as she looked between the two boys.