doctor rivvy

Jumping in time a bit as Riv is getting older:)
@Kiana2200 suggested this idea and it was so cute

****

"Are you sure you're alright, Aves?" JJ asked his sick girlfriend as he stood in the door frame of their bedroom.

She shook her head and closed her eyes, wearing one of his sweatshirts and sweatpants as she laid bundled up in bed. Coming down with a fever, a massive headache and a horribly runny nose had Avie bedridden for days now.

"I'm okay." She whispered faintly without opening her eyes, "Where's Riv?"

"Um," He glanced behind him into the living room where he saw his almost two year old daughter watching Doc McStuffins on the TV. He smiled softly at her as her eyes fixated on the screen before her, sitting in the middle of the giant couch with her father's shirt fiddling in her fingers, "She's just watchin' TV."

Avie nodded before weakly opening her eyes, "Are you sure you don't mind taking care of her alone today?"

JJ chuckled and shook his head, "Well, you sure as hell can't."

Avie tilted her head sadly.

"I'm kidding," He assured her, "I got her, baby, don't worry."

"Mhm." She closed her eyes again.

JJ sighed as he looked at his girlfriend, feeling awful for the state she was in, "Call us if you need anything." He told her before leaving the bedroom door cracked and walking over to River who looked up at him after he caught her eye.

"Watchin' Doc?" He asked and sat next to her. River said many words now, she just couldn't exactly form sentences yet. She said words like yeah, no, mama, dada, please, thanks, more, etc. Her pronunciation wasn't exactly there yet but they all knew what she meant.

She grinned and brought her knees into her chest before looking back at the TV.

"You know, Grandma bought you that Doc McStuffins set last week and you haven't even touched it." JJ stated and looked over at the pile of fake doctor toys which was based off the children's TV show that had yet to be touched.

Riv looked at JJ's eyes then looked at the toys on the floor which she hadn't played with yet. She threw her father's slightly torn shirt to the side before twisting her body and sliding off the couch on her belly, making her way to the toys. She squatted down and pointed at it, "Dis?"

JJ chuckled and nodded, "Yeah, that Rivvy." He knelt next to her as her hands grazed the toy doctor kit.

She picked up the toy shot and giggled as she poked it into JJ's thigh.

"Ow!" He fake shouted and held the spot she poked at, "That hurt." He sniffled and looked at her with puppy eyes.

The little girl laughed harder then poked him again.

"Ouch!" He pretended to cry, "Help, Rivvy. I need a Band-Aid." He poked the toy bandage with his finger so she would know what he was talking about.

She giggled and picked it up.

"Put it on my boo-boo."

Riv looked up at his face then looked back at the toy bandage. She examined it for a moment then laid it on his thigh where she had poked him before.

"Ah, I'm all better, baby!" JJ placed his hands under her arms and lifted her up above him as she smiled, "Thank you, Doctor Rivvy."

"Tanks." She told him as she looked down at him before he placed her back on her bottom.