8. couldn't do it

Avie slowly woke up, squinting her eyes. She laid half way on her boyfriend and lifted her head off his chest.

She groaned when she saw it was still 9 am.

Her head fell onto JJ's chest before getting a wave off nausea.

She groaned loudly and ran to the bathroom, causing JJ to stir slightly. 

Avie let the contents of her stomach fall into the toilet, rubbing her head afterwards and sitting there for a moment before doing her usual vomit routine. 

She walked groggily back to her bedroom as she rubbed the tired out of her eyes.

She looked at JJ who had turned onto his stomach to sleep. She smiled and kissed his bare shoulder that stuck out of his tank.

"JJ," Avie whispered.

"Hm." He muffled into a pillow.

"C'mon, I need to get there before Daylon and Ashton wake up." She sat next to his body.

He picked up the pillow to shove his face under but was stopped when his head hit the pregnancy test that was still under her pillow.

"Go-what is this?" JJ spoke with his morning voice. He opened his eyes and took it from underneath his head and realized what it was, "You keeping this forever?"

Avie shrugged, "I'll throw it out when I'm ready."

"When you're ready?" JJ sat up, "You're about to throw out the whole pregnancy."

Avie took it from his hands, "Shut up, it's just weird to look at."

JJ shook his hair out.

"We made a life." She stared at the positive pregnancy test.

"We already decided, right? Did I miss something?" He looked at her confused.

"Yes, JJ, don't worry. But we need to leave like now unless you want Daylon or Ash to interrogate you." Avie hid the test in a drawer and began taking out clothes for the day.

"Alright, let's do this." He got up and straightened out his clothes that he had on from the day before. 

Avie changed her clothes and looked at her boyfriend who watched her. She stopped and stood on her tippy toes to kiss his lips.

JJ smiled and reached around to tap Avie's ass, "Ready?"

Avie giggled and nodded, "As ready as I'll ever be."

The two managed to get out the door before Avie's brothers got a chance to get to them.

JJ placed a hand on Avie's thigh as he drove, following the GPS to Planned Parenthood. It felt off to be driving and acting so normal when what they were doing was so out of their normal.

Avie took a deep breath as she looked out the window.

"Okay, baby?" JJ glanced at her and squeezed her thigh.

"Is it going to hurt?"

JJ shrugged, "How would I know?"

"I'm scared."

"I bet giving birth hurts more. Like a lot more."

Avie nodded and looked at JJ with his eyes on the road. He brought his Juul to his lips, inhaling quickly and exhaling slowly.

"Will you ever quit that thing?" Avie looked at him disgusted.

"When the time comes."

"When will the time come?"