10. get out of here

It was Sunday afternoon, Kie and Pope had gone home to freshen up, and Avie and JJ were eating lunch in her kitchen.

Daylon and Ashton didn't get to bed until the sun nearly rose so they were still passed out.

"I'm so glad Daylon's out." JJ smirked to himself as he shoved his face with cereal. They had just woken up.

Avie nodded, "Me too. I'm still worried Rafe told him."

JJ shook his head, "I think we would have known."

"Knock knock!" Amelia smiled as she and her husband entered their home.

"Mom! Dad! Hey!" Avie got up to greet them and hugged them. JJ followed behind her to stand up and be respectful.

"Hi, Avery." Rian kissed her head, "Hello, JJ!"

"How are you, sir?" He grinned.

"How was the trip!?" Avie walked towards the kitchen.

Amelia and Rian left their bags by the hallway and walked into the kitchen to catch up.

"It was a much needed weekend away." Amelia smiled and looked and JJ and Avie.

"Good, you guys deserved it." Avie responded and sat back down to finish her cereal.

"Really, you guys work hard." JJ added and followed Avie's movements. He took a bite of his cereal.

"Breakfast at," Rian looked at his watch, "12:45?"

Avie laughed lightly, "We wanted to sleep in."

"I hope you two were safe." Amelia rubbed JJ's head, messing up his already messy hair.

"Ew, mom." Avie scrunched her nose and JJ's face turned red. They were not safe.

"You alright, JJ? Dad treating you alright?" Rian noticed the bruises and cuts on JJ's face. Only two were from his father but he didn't have to know that some were from his own son and the others were from Rafe.

"Uh, yeah! You know how it is." JJ nodded.

Avie looked at him sadly.

"Sweetie, you know you can always stay here to get away from him." Amelia told him.

JJ smiled thankfully.

Rian nodded, "I'd kill that bastard if I could."

"You can!" Avie got excited.

RIan chuckled, "Not that easy, Avery."

Avie huffed and rolled her eyes.

"Any plans today? Where's your brothers?" Amelia asked looking around. The house was definitely messy but Daylon and Ashton did a pretty damn good job and getting rid of all the trash before their parents arrived.

Avie shrugged, "They're still sleeping." She said with a mouth full.

"How did they treat you?" Amelia asked.

"Actually, Ashton was kinda nice!" JJ said proudly.

Rian laughed, "I'm glad to hear."

"Daylon was an ass as always." Avie frowned.

"I don't know what to do about him." Amelia sighed and looked down. Rian rubbed her back in support.

JJ shrugged, "He has every right to feel the way he does." He knew that wasn't true. JJ always protected Avie beyond belief and had been there for her every time he hurt her. JJ always cleaned up his mess. Daylon just didn't like that JJ stood his ground and stayed loyal to his friends no matter what. The gun didn't help but JJ needed a last resort method after his bringing up.