43. not welcome here

JJ and Avie drove back to Avie's house in his truck with Riv in the backseat later that day. She slept soundly due to the motion of the car which relieved a lot of the tension between the couple.

Though things had gotten better between them, Avie reminded JJ that he was still on 'probation' due to his actions. She was still scared it would happen again and JJ had been doing everything in his power to gain her trust back.

As he parked in her driveway, he quickly hopped out of his truck and ran around just as Avie opened the door.

"Wait, wait, wait!" He basically shouted.

Avie giggled, "Shh!"

He didn't laugh as he finished opening her door and holding his hand out for her, "My perfect lady."

She rolled her eyes with a smile on her face. She could never stay mad at him. The look in his eyes every time he looked into hers sent her heart beat racing a million miles an hour. She took his hand in hers and allowed him to help her out, "Mr. Maybank." She nodded her head once at him.

He kissed her cheek and shut the car door, "Future Mrs. Maybank."

"JJ." She gave him an 'are you kidding me' look as her head tilted to the side.

"Okay! Okay.." He backed off then mumbled words to himself that Avie couldn't make out.

Ignoring his mumbles, Avie went to open the back door of the truck to get her sleeping daughter out but JJ was quick to pull her away, "Uh-uh."

"Really? C'mon, J! You're overdoing it now." She crossed her arms.

He opened the back door then turned to her, "I underdid it too long." He turned back to the truck and unclicked the carrier from the seat to pull it out. Avie had to admit, he made a hot dad.

Riv was definitely growing as the carrier felt a bit heavier than before

The little family made their way up to Avie's front door. She unlocked it and let themselves in, being greeted by her father.

"Aver-" He froze the second he saw JJ, "JJ..." He looked disturbed and disappointed to see him.

Ashton stood up from the kitchen table with a scowl on his face. As he started tolerating JJ more he'd make sarcastic comments or jokes and laugh to himself but since this mishap, Ashton didn't feel any light hearted banter anymore. Only anger and protection for his little sister and niece.

"Oh.." Amelia stood from the couch and walked over, "Hi, hello guys." She hugged her daughter then looked at JJ, "Hello, JJ." She wanted to badly to greet him kindly with the love she had for him but she could not get passed how he left her for a week.

JJ cleared his throat and stepped further in as he held the carrier with two hands, "Um, hi guys."

"The fuck is he doing holding your daughter, Avie?" Ashton didn't take his glare off of JJ.