6. still sick

Avie woke up the next morning at 6:47 am (to be precise) throwing up once again. She was already tired of this shit. She wanted it out already.

Her mom was helping her by holding her hair back and rubbing her back. It reminded her of JJ, who she really wanted right now. She felt terrible for not letting him come in last night. Now all she wanted was JJ there to support her.

"It was probably that banana you had last night. It's been sitting there for days getting eaten by flies." Amelia stated.

That sentence was enough to make Avie toss up her insides once again.

"Ugh, I'm sorry, sweetie." 

"What's going on?" Daylon asked at the bathroom door.

"Huh? Oh, nothing, love. Avie just got sick." Amelia looked up to her son.

"Well I gotta piss so can she hurry?"

"Go use my bathroom, Day." Amelia told him.

"Dad's sleeping, I don't want to wake him up." Daylon told her and crossed his arms.

"Just go, Daylon. If he says anything tell him I sent you."

Avie felt more vomit come out into the toilet.

"Ew." Daylon was disgusted and walked out.

"It's okay, sweetie." Amelia continued rubbing her back until a few moments later Daylon tapped on the door that was still open again. This time he stood there with JJ.

"Pogues here to see you, Avie." Daylon glared at JJ.

JJ stood there awkwardly. If Amelia wasn't here and Avie wasn't in the toilet, he would have fought the kid right there. But he needed to compose himself.

"JJ?" Avie couldn't look, scared to have to throw up again.

"Hi, JJ, what brings you here so early?" Amelia smiled at him from the floor.

Daylon groaned and rolled his eyes.

"Daylon, just go." Amelia warned him. He walked away.

"I wanted to bring Avie breakfast but I see now that probably wasn't a good idea." JJ shifted and rubbed his arm.

Amelia laughed  softly and stood up, "That's very sweet of you, JJ."

JJ turned his attention to Avie still hovered over the toilet. 

"Do you mind if I-"

"Go ahead, she'd probably prefer you over me." Amelia patted his shoulder, "Here, let me take that. She can eat it when she's ready. I think the banana she ate last night was bad." She took the small bag of food from his hands.

JJ nodded knowing it wasn't the banana. It was her period or she had just been sick.

"Thanks, Mrs. Thomas." He grinned and turned towards his girlfriend.

He knelt down next to her and rubbed her back, "You alright?"

Avie shook her head knowing more was coming soon.

JJ nodded nervously and looked around the bathroom, not really knowing what to say. He knew things had been different between them. Not in a bad way but just different.

She tossed up a little more before realizing she was done for a bit. Her nausea subsided. She flushed the toilet, rinsed her mouth then brushed her teeth. What felt like her new routine.

She turned to JJ and threw herself into his chest and started crying.

"Woah, woah, what's wrong, baby?" JJ asked surprised by her sudden hug. He wrapped his arms around her taking her in.