first birthday

"Oh my god, where is JJ? He is going to be late!" Avie paced around the apartment as she straightened up all of the first birthday decorations for her daughter. It was set up with floral decorations as JJ and Avie noticed how much she loved picking flowers every single time they went outside.

The pogues all came early to help set up knowing that Avie wanted it to be perfect. JJ, too, wanted his little girl to have the most special first birthday ever but he had left not too long ago to pick up a special surprise for River.

"Aves, relax. He's only been gone 20 minutes. I'm sure he'll be back soon." Kie told her as she placed a strand of fake flowers over the doorway.

"Yeah, you know he wouldn't miss this for the world." John B stated as Riv waddled over to him holding rose pedals that had been scattered across the floor for visual effect. She thought she was helping by picking up the pedals and handing them to John B who knelt near her. He chuckled, "Thanks, Riv. But these stay on the floor."

The little girl looked at him confused then bent down to pick up one more and place it on his lap.

"No-, okay." John B nodded as Riv smiled, holding JJ's shirt-blankie in one hand.

Avie groaned, "I just don't want him walking in after my family. They kinda just tolerate him and I don't want him to look bad."

"I don't think he can look much worst." Pope told her and set up napkins near the cake.

She rolled her eyes with a smile and looked down at her daughter. Her smile grew as she noticed Riv smiling and laughing with John B, "I can't believe she's one."

Sarah wrapped an arm around her friend, "Me neither. She is the most perfect creature to ever exist."

Avie laughed and leaned her head on Sarah's shoulder, "I love her so much. I really hope she loves it today."

"She will," Sarah reassured her, "she already does." River took a flower off the coffee table and attempted to run away from John B as he pretended to chase her. She laughed hysterically causing her to lose her balance and fall over right in front of the door. She stopped laughing after she heard a soft knock on the door. Looking over to Avie, she pointed at the front door confused.

"Watch out, Riv." Avie walked over and scooted her out of the way and cracked the door open to see who it was. She opened it fully after revealing JJ standing there with a bouquet of flowers.

He gave a smirk and tilted his head, "M'lady

He gave a smirk and tilted his head, "M'lady."

Avie smiled as she stared at him in adoration, "JJ." She noticed the small flower he had tucked right next to his ear, "You look so handsome." She admired his new outfit that he must have picked up during his outing and noticed how well he cleaned himself up just for his daughter.

He chuckled and pressed his lips to hers gently, "Thank you, my darling. You look quite exquisite as well." Avie giggled and moved to the side so he could walk in.