33. in the twinkie

It was half way through December, Avie was finishing up another shift at The Brew. She was growing more and more tired everyday. The more time that passed, the more Avie begged the power above to get this baby out of her.

That or she just wanted to quit her job. She loved making coffee and talking to customers but she was exhausted to say the least. Between working almost full time and keeping up with homeschooling herself; she was a hot mess.

She started putting away her apron, closing the lights and locking up the doors. She pulled at the front door to ensure it was locked before turning around to the Twinkie as John B honked the horn.

She smiled as the van pulled up to the street in front of her.

"Hey guys!" Avie said to everyone after JJ opened the door for her and got out to help her in.

"Hi baby." JJ kissed her cheek as she held his hand to help step up.

"Lookin' good, Aves." Sarah smiled when she saw Avie's belly.

"I don't feel good." She told them.

They laughed as JJ shut the door and John B began to drive.

"I feel like I'm gonna explode." She stated and sat on the seat with her hands on her belly, breathing heavy.

JJ sat next to her watched her hands.

"I mean, I know it sounds crazy but she feels like she's about to slip out. Like I feel her right there."

Kie chuckled, "Seriously?"

"Rare but could happen." Pope insisted.

"Um, please no." JJ looked at Pope, "We've got one more month."

Avie shook her head and closed her eyes as she breathed, "Yeah, no, no baby yet."

"You sure about that?" John B looked at her through the rearview mirror.

She nodded with her eyes closed, "I want her out but I also want to enjoy my last month of freedom."

JJ nodded in agreement, "Final weeks of being childless."

Kie giggled, "Enjoy it while it lasts."

"Hey, it won't be bad! It'll be fun and Avie has all of us to help." Sarah defended her friend who looked like she was in pain.

"Oo.." Avie breathed out softly and leaned her head against the window.

JJ furrowed his eyebrows at her, "Aves, you good?"

"Never better." Avie relaxed and opened her eyes to everyone looking at her, "What?"

Pope shook his head, "Nothin."

"You look like you're giving birth right now." JJ watched her movements.

She furrowed her eyebrows at him, "No. No thanks. I've got a birth plan with the hospital. I'm good."

"Okay.." Pope dragged out.

"The fuck is a birth plan?" JJ questioned.

"You like make a plan of what you want to happen the day you have the baby." Avie shifted uncomfortably in her seat, "My mom helped me with mine."

"Oh?"

"J, stop, you're making her uncomfortable." Kie slapped his arm.

"Oh, he made me uncomfortable alright." Avie said as she referred to what he put inside her.

"Hey.." JJ pretended like he was offended by her comment.

The crew laughed as John B drove along.