Raindrops and Roses (1)

"She held the world upon a string
But she didn't ever hold me
Spun the stars on her fingernails
But it never made her happy
'Cause she couldn't ever have me
She said she'd won the world at a carnival
But she could never win me
'Cause she couldn't ever catch me" -She had the world, Panic at the disco

You woke up from your bed, rubbing your eyes and tossing the sheets to the other side. You itched your scalp and got up, walking out of bed but realizing Hawks was sleeping next to you as you looked further. His wings matched perfectly with the crimson blanket that laid on the outside of the bed, over the sheets. His blonde hair was messy but it fit perfectly with his face, he was beautiful. He always slept beautifully when he could sleep. You brushed his hair out of his face, giving him a soft kiss on his forehead. He opened his eyes and gave you a quick kiss on the lips, ushering you back to bed. He raised his arms up trying to pull you into the bed with him, but you were a bit too far so he struggled relentlessly. He didn't end up pulling you in, but it was an effort. A sub par effort at the least.

"No come back." He whispered as you went to the kitchen, feeling dehydrated so you wanted a glass of water. Without saying a word, you left to the kitchen. Pacing your steps yo make sure you weren't too loud. You opened the fridge and poured a glass of water. Once you were done, you placed the glass in the sink and went back to your bed. Walking on top of the creaky wood floorboards, and tracing your fingers on the walls as you walked back down to your room. Finally, you went back into your bedroom, being greeted yet again by Hawks pulling you close to him. He was very warm and it felt comforting, so you let him wrap his arms around your hips and pull you even closer. His bare chest touching your old t-shirt. Yawning, you feel back to sleep as he placed a kiss on your forehead.

Waking up yet again, it was around nine in the morning and he was still sleeping. So you tucked him in and got up to eat something for breakfast. Opening the pantry there was almost nothing to eat other than a few salami slices, coffee grounds and potatoes. You needed to go out shopping, as quick as possible. More or so today. But since Dabi was a criminal, so we're you but more or so him- you couldn't go with him. And going with him might make it seem you didn't care about Hawks, when you did. You didn't want to upset him, and you promised that both of you would do something this week. Maybe a bit extra wouldn't hurt? Spending time with him was fun, even if it wasn't the wreck less stunts Dabi pulled half the time.

But you didn't want to wake him up either, he already had enough trouble with sleeping that you decided to let him sleep another hour. Eventually about forty five minutes later he woke up, his eyes sunken and his skin puffy. Must've been a good sleep then, but you didn't ask what it was about either. You let him brush his teeth, and shower before walking up to him, "Want to get out this house with me to do some stuff?" You asked politely, and he smiled. "Yeah, sure." He responded.

"Okay, does going in an hour sound fine?" You questioned and he nodded his head, his blonde hair shaking up and down getting drops of water on your face. You chuckled, wiping off the drops of water from your face with the sleeves of your shirt. It worked just as well as a towel, and it was just water.

You went outside, Dabi was usually out there most of the day and night. So you expected to see him there, but he wasn't around. Nor was he in the house, and the car was gone. You didn't want to make Hawks fly there with you because that'd take too much time. And him carrying you would add even more weight on his wings, causing some strain on his body which flying for a long period of time would do. Being in the middle of no where, you'd at least have to drive thirty minutes to get there. So, where was Dabi?

It was just about to rain, and you didn't want to have him caught up in a storm. Even though it was very rare he could be struck by lightning and there's a bigger chance since the car is a big hunk of metal. But alas, he arrived home. Covered in raindrops and soaked he left the car and walked inside. Not even bothering to dry himself off. He soaked the amber colored wood floors in foot shaped puddles of water. Taking off his jacket and throwing it onto the hook, missing and landing onto the floor right by the shoes. You weren't going to pick that up because that was his job, but you grabbed a towel and wiped the floors so it wouldn't damage. But you need not bother, as the wood already soaked up the rain.

You went to Hawks's room and waited for him, he was in the bathroom and once he was out you were planning to force him out of the house even if he said he didn't want to go out into the rain. What's wrong with a little bit of rain water? "Hawks, we should go before it gets worse, you advised as he walked out of the bathroom. He sighed and walked outside, his feet making taps against the hardwood floors. Every once in a while you'd hear a loud creek. It startled both of you, but eventually you got to the car.

Begging him to stop at a small book store, he gave in after a few minutes and you got out. The rain stopped for a big, but it was surely calm before the storm. Waking inside, a frail woman waved at you two. And you looked around the isles, picking up a book called "Shakespeare's Sonnets". Not thinking much of it but knowing his name, you flipped to a page near the end of the book. The page titled, "Sonnet 130: My mistress' eyes are nothing like the sun" it intrigued you, so you started reading.

"My mistress' eyes are nothing like the sun;" the first line read, what could it mean? Were her eyes dull and dark, rather than bright and bold? You continued, your eyes skimming through the second line, "Coral is far more red than her lips' red;" you didn't think much of it, reading the third line on the beige colored page. "If snow be white, why then her breasts are dun;" you looked shocked, why talk about that? "If hairs be wires, black wires grow on her head" frowning, you put the book away, closing the page.

"Did you find anything?" He asked, flipping through the pages of some book. It was ivory colored and the pages were a dull white. You shrugged, shaking your head. "Did you?" You responded. And he shook his head, placing the book down and hopping back into the car.