Chapter 61

Tobias POV
Tris has been quiet and distant since she came out of the simulation room, right now we're all at dinner and she's the only one with her head down and not talking. I nudge her side lightly and she looks up at me. "Can I talk to you?" I ask and she nods. We stand up and I take her to the chasm. We sit at our normal spot, the water spraying our feet. "What's up with you?" I ask. She looks at me. "What.. I'm just quiet. I let you be quiet after your simulation why can't I be the same way?" She says and I can feel her getting frustrated. "I am, but I wasn't distant. I just needed alone time, they are two separate things." I explain.

"Are you mad at me? Are you just still shaken up by it? Tell me." I say and her eyes gloss over with tears. "You don't get it." She says. "Get what?" I ask. She shakes her head. "You were there. You were in my simulation." She says in a low whisper. Me. I was in her fear simulation. "Your.. Scared of me?" I ask afraid of her answer. "No. Not you. It's just being with someone, anyone in that way I guess." She says still staring at her feet. "Oh.. Oh! I say understanding now. "Yea.. I just.." She starts but doesn't finish.

"I'm sorry." I say. She shakes her head. "No. Don't be." She says and looks up at me. Her grey blues eyes looking straight into my dark blue. "It's me. It's my fear, it's not you." She says trying to make me feel better but really I should be making her feel better. "Don't worry, I'm new to this too. And I'm not going to push you." I say and all of its true. "Thank you." She whispers and I smile.

She leans up and presses her lips to mine, the warm sensation runs through me just like every time. Even though I know what to expect and how I will feel, I'm always surprised. I fall deeper in love with her every moment, every kiss, every day.