Chapter 63

Tobias POV
I wake up still tired, tris though seems to be in a great mood. I'm not sure why since we're going back into our fear landscapes but that's okay, I like seeing her in this mood. "Morning." She says coming up to me. "Morning." I say getting out of my bed. "I'm going to the dinning hall with Marlene. See you later okay?" She says and I nod. She kisses my cheek and soon walks off. I grab my clothes and go shower, letting the water run down me. I take my time hoping it will make the day seem longer and I won't have to face a fear so soon. I get changed and walk down to get breakfast. I go in and of course it's loud and wild, I spot tris and walk over to that table. Uriah, Marlene, Lynn, and will are also sitting with her. "Hey!" She says when she see me. "Hi." I say kissing her and sitting next to her. I find myself too nervous to eat, I don't know what fear I'm going to face. Heights? Confinement? Watching tris die? Or him?

Tris places her hand on my leg and I snap out of my thoughts, I must have been bouncing it up and down. "You okay?" She asks. "I'm fine." I say trying to convince her. "Come here." She says. She gets up and we walk out. She leads me back to the dorms and we sit on her bed. "What up?" She asks. "Just nervous for today." I confess. "Well.. Just try to visualize me. Or think of something I would say to help you get through it." She says. I smile. "Thanks." I kiss her softly and she smiles.

We head back to breakfast and an hour later we go into the small waiting room. "Four!" Amar calls. I go into the room and sit in the chair. He injects the serum and my eyes close.

I open my eyes and the first thing I see is a pale blue sky, white clouds are scattered across it. I sit up and see that I'm on rooftop what looks like 60 stories up. I gulp, the wind whistles in my ear and the coolness soaks into my clothes. My skin is soon covered in goose bumps and it's getting hard to breathe. Calm yourself. I hear a voice but it doesn't sound like Amar or my conscience. Take a deep breathe. I do what the voice says. I breathe in and breathe out. Don't look down. I don't dare! I do see a small door that leads to stairwell I'm guessing. I walk over to it and the wind threatens to push me over. Keep going! Your almost there! I hear the voice again, I reach the handle of the door and then I realize... The voice was tris.

I open the door and then jerk awake. Amar compliments me and let's me go, I walk out with one thought in mind. Tris got me through it.