Chapter 97

Tris POV
I wake up the next day not only with Tobias's masculine arms holding me, but with a pounding headache. I groan and shift in the embrace of Tobias, and I can feel him beginning to stir.

"Evening." He mumbles. "Hi." I whisper, hardly a whisper even. My head hurts to make much noise. I bring myself to sit up and let my legs dangle over the edge of the bed.

"Hangover?" Tobias asks, and I can feel his hand rubbing my back. I nod, and he chuckles lightly-still groggy. "I knew you would." He says and I find the energy to roll my eyes.

We decide to get up and around, so that we can go get dinner. I know, dinner- that's how long we slept! I change into the usual black clothing, and find Tobias tying up his shoelaces at the foot of his bed, when I come back from showering. His hair glistens with water droplets from the shower he took.

"Ready?" Tobias asks smirking, he must have noticed me staring. Blood rushes to my cheeks and I look down at my feet quickly. I look back up again and answer with a simple yes. My head is getting somewhat more clear but still pounding as hell.

"Next time there's alcohol, remind me to never drink it." I tell Tobias, I'm resting my head on his shoulder as we walk down to the dinning hall. "I'll try." He says and I can feel him smiling down at me.

We make it to the dinning hall, and Tobias walks us over to the table where Shauna, zeke, Uriah, and Christina are sitting. "There you guys are!" Uriah shouts, "We were just talking about you guys!" Shauna adds.

"What about?" Tobias asks. I'm on his left and Christina is on the other side of me.

"Wondering where you guys were-" "And what you two were doing." Zeke cuts in. I see out of the corner of my eye Tobias rolling his eyes. Then he begins to talk to Uriah about something. I feel Christina poke my arm so I turn to face her.

"Can you be a girl for a few seconds?"She asks.

"I'm always a girl" I frown.

"You know what I mean. Like a silly, annoying girl"

I twirl my hair around my finger. "Kay." I feel Tobias laugh beside me, and I catch him smiling.

Christina grin wider, so wide I can see the back row of her teeth. "Will kissed me."

"What?" I demand. "When? How? What happened?"

"You can be a girl!" She sits up a bit. Tobias chuckles again, I can only imagine what he thinking in that mind of his.

"Well after lunch yesterday, we decided to just walk around and we talked. I don't even remember what about, but then he just stopped.. and leaned in and kissed me!" She squeals.

"Did you know he liked you? I mean, you know.. like that." I say. "No!" She laughs.

"And the best part was, that was it. We kept walking like nothing happened. Until I kissed him."

"I'm really happy for you Chris." I say and I am. They both deserve this, Tobias and I share a love. I want my friends to be able to experience that too.

"You make a great girly girl." Tobias whispers into my ear. I laugh and nudge him with my elbow, making him chuckle himself.

Soon dinner finishes and my headache is almost all gone. Tobias and I were the last ones to leave, which wasn't unusual. "Come to the chasm with me, I want to talk with you." He tells me and I gulp while nodding.

We walk the long hallway, lit up by the dimmed teal light. We finally make it to the where the water crashes against the rocks, and your ankles get wet by the cool spray.

We sit in our normal spot, and he sits close to me. He grabs my right hand in his left and gives a light squeeze, that makes me look at him. I try to find his eyes, or maybe I just want to be able to tell what he wants to talk to me about.

Tobias finally turns his head and his eyes, his brilliant blue orbs stare back at me. "I wanted to talk to you about tomorrow." He says. "The final test." I say. "Yeah.."

"What is it?" I ask swallowing as many nerves as I can.

"I wanted to make sure you knew how much I love you." He says and I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding.

"I know-" I say but am cut off.

"You don't." He says, and his face is serious but I can sense the vulnerability in his voice.

"Tris, you were like.. my angel." He says and the kindness of his soul is visible now.

"You saved me. And forever I'll be grateful, and I'll forever be connected to you." Tobias says and I can't turn my head away.

"You dragged me out of hell. You brought me into heaven." He says and tears well up in my eyes.

"That's something no one else will ever be able to do, something extraordinary." He says and his eyes glisten with the tears of his own.

"I did that, because I loved you." I whisper and he kisses me hard. Harder than ever before.

I don't know if it's the fear now, or the vulnerability that's now within both of us. But we don't stop, nor do we pull away. We need each other, right here.. right now.

"Tris--" Tobias breathes pulling back, not even an inch.

"I know we'll make it. But tonight, I want to have a memory. A feeling." He says.

"Something I can hold onto forever." He says and I don't reply. I simply jut bring his head back to my lips, picking up the sync that was there before.

He's on top of me now, our breaths hot and quick. "I love you." I blurt out and Tobias kisses down my neck, but I can feel the smile he wears there too.

We skillfully but passionately take each other's clothes off, leaving us in our undergarments and ink on our bare skin. His back more ink than skin, but not any less handsome. It actually makes him better looking- if that's even possible.

He kisses each one of my ravens lining my collarbone, and his fingers brush over my abnegation symbol, just as mine do the same on his back.

My parents would be ashamed, abnegation would be ashamed of this. Having sex- something of self indulgence, on rocks surrounded by splashing water. Somewhere people could see, but we've left that behind. The fear of disappointing our faction- we already did that with transferring.

And getting caught, it's not in our mindset right now. Because we both know how much we both need this. The closeness, the passion, the heat from our colliding bodies.

But most of all, it's the love. The love we craved, the love we needed. And we got it- with each other we have it.

He pulls back a bit, to look me in the eyes. I brush a piece of his hair back, easily now from the sweat soaking it. He looks at me, right in the eyes, nothing lower. "I love you." He tells me and goes back in to kiss me.

I was so afraid that we would just keep colliding over and over again if we stayed together, and that eventually the impact would break me. But now I know I am like the blade and he is like the whetstone- I am too strong to break so easily, and I become better, sharper, every time I touch him.