Chapter 94

Tris POV
"Tris! Four!" I hear Uriah yell as we're heading back to the dorms after we ate dinner. He catches up to us, and walks backwards to talk and face us, out of breath.

"What's up Uriah?" Tobias asks him. He smiles at us, and it's a smile that makes you nervous of what he's smiling about.

"We're playing dare tonight, everyone." He says and I know that zeke was also behind this. "I don't-" Tobias cuts me off. "Come on, it'll be fun." He says and in all honesty his answer surprises me.

"Really?" I ask looking at him. We're in the dorms at this point and we've stopped walking by now.

"Yeah, I mean how bad could it be?" Tobias says reasonably. Uriah smirks, knowing more than he's letting on. "Fine." I give in and Uriah runs off while Tobias stays by my side.

"You better not get drunk though." I say to him. He laughs, "I won't. But you need to." He tells me, and I just roll my eyes.

****
The wind blows my hair into my face as the train zooms on the tracks. Three carts are filled with initiates and other dauntless people. The sky is dark, almost a black color. And the air has become chilly, almost to the point of being cold.

"You warm enough?" I hear Tobias ask me as if he were reading my mind. "Yeah I'm fine." I say as my sweat shirt keeps me warm enough.

I can feel Tobias's cool hand on my waist, steadying me. "Who's going first??" Zeke asks holding up a silver flask. The moonlight shimmers off it, and occasionally leaves a reflection of light here and there.

"Me!" Uriah shouts and it's not too surprising. "You haven't played before have you?" Shauna asks Tobias and I.

"No." I say shaking my head, and Tobias does the same. She smiles, "I did it when I was little once, and I just hope that they take it easy on you." She says and walks over to zeke. I look up at Tobias and see his somewhat nervous expression.

I see Uriah jump off the train after taking a swig of what ever was in the bottle. I missed what the dare was but I doubt it will be difficult for him to accomplish.

After a few more people go, and some in other carts are a little drunk. "

"Four!" Zeke yells and Tobias stands up a bit straighter. "You're up my friend." He says lifting up the flask towards him. Tobias walks over and I can tell he's anxious to see what he has to do.

"I dare you to beat up one of them noses." He says and a lot of people cheer. Apparently, many want to see Tobias beat up an erudite.

He grabs the flask from zeke and takes a drink, he cringes as the alcohol burns his throat. Then jumps off the train. We don't see him for awhile, a long period of time at that, till he jumps back on. Dirty, tired and out of breath.

"What did he look like??" The guys ask him interested in knowing what happened.

"He umm.. I just beat up ya know." Tobias says and I'm surprised others bought it because sure as hell I didn't. He comes to the back of the train where I am, and sits down next to me.

"What really happened?" I ask wanting the truth. He bites his lip and looks down into his lap. I can see that he's fighting the urge to lie and tell me that it was just a normal fight.

"I--" He sighs. "I beat up your brother." He mumbles and my eyes grow wide.

"You what?!?" I scream and some people notice. We walk into the last cart that's completely empty, to have a bit of privacy. "You beat up Caleb?!" I exclaim not believing what he did.

"Just let me explain." He says trying to calm me down, but I'm raging.

"What could you possibly say that would justify your reasoning for beating up my brother!?!" I yell at him.

"He threatened me and yelled at me." He says and I really can't picture Caleb yelling at someone, and threats.. Really?

But then again, he was pretty pissed that I was with Tobias, the day he came to visit.

"What did he say?" I ask, my arms crossed and my face blank.

"He yelled at me for being with you. And saying things like I'm not enough for you or good enough for you. That you're too young to date anyway, and that I need to leave you." He tells me.

"What did you say four?" I ask, and I know it hurts him that I used his nickname, not his real name.

"I told him that I really loved you and that he's not in charge of you. That you're your own person, and that I'd never leave you." He says and my face softens and my hearts melts at his words.

"That's when he threatened me. That he'd be able to search me up and spill all of me everywhere." He says and I know that that is scary, especially for Tobias.

"I didn't want to deliberately go there and beat up your brother, but I had to beat someone up and the guy pissed me off." He says explaining himself and his reasoning.

I nod but don't say anything. Taking everything in. I turn on my heel and leave Tobias standing there, in the empty train cart.