Chapter 29

Tris POV
When I reached the bottom of the stairs, Marcus had stopped tobias to talk to him. I decided rather then to step outside to hide near the staircase, I want to make sure everything goes alright. A few minutes later I hear tobias come down the steps and the closing of a doer upstairs. I stand up and my eyes meet with Tobias's.

"What are you doing still in the house??" He asks. His voice shows no anger but concern. "I wanted to make sure everything went okay." I tell him and he laces his fingers in mine.

We walk outside and head back toward my house. My mother and father are sitting in the kitchen chatting quietly. Caleb's reading in the living room. "Good morning Mr. And Mrs. Prior." Tobias says and they smile toward him. "Good morning tobias." My father says. We head up to my room and I close the door behind us.

"What did your father talk to you about?" I ask into the awkward silence. "Just that he wants me to come by tonight so he can talk to me." He answers and a feeling of worry comes over me. "Oh..." Is all I manage to get out. I'm nervous for him, and hopefully when his father said talk.. That he really means just talk.

"Well we have a few hours till then.. What do you want to do??" Tobias asks me and I sit next to him on the bed. "I don't know.." I lean in his shoulder and take in his scent. "Let's take a nap!" He suggests and I giggle. "That sounds wonderful!" I say smiling and I fall asleep upon Tobias's chest.