Chapter 65

Tris POV
I wake up the next morning and see that tobias is already up and changed. I go shower fast and change into my clothes for the day. I walk over to him and kiss his cheek. "Morning." I say. He doesn't turn around or even acknowledge me. I pull away from him, cross my arms and just stare at him. He turns to go head for the door but I'm in his way, "What?" He asks. He sounds grumpy. "Whats the matter?" I ask. "Nothing." He says and squeezes past me. I stand there shocked and annoyed. "Hey tris!" I hear Marlene call me. "Hey mar. Want to go to breakfast?" I ask. She smiles and we go down. We bump into chris and will on the way so we walk with them. We sit at our table and uriah, and Shauna join us. Tobias is no where to be seen and I wouldn't be surprised if Zeke was still asleep.

"I hate these sims." Mar says. "Yea.. But I like them better then fighting." Chris adds. I have to agree with her just a bit but not much. Breakfast finishes up and tobias didn't show at all, Zeke did at the last 5 minutes. Like I thought he was still half asleep, Shauna sprayed him with orange juice and he didn't care. We all walk down to the small room and sit in those metal uncomfortable chairs waiting for Amar to call out names.

Will goes then uriah, then Peter, chris, Marlene, Lynn, some others I didn't care about and then Shauna, Zeke and me last. He called four's name but he wasn't here. I get up and go in. My simulation went fast although it felt like forever with all the pecking crows. I come out and go back to the dorms, tobias is there and sitting on his bed. I walk over to him and cross my arms. He looks up, "What?" He asks like everything is just peachy. "Where were you all day? And what the hell is this attitude?" I ask. He scowls. "Nothing tris! Just leave it!" He says and stands up. I grab his arm before he walks out the door. "Tell me!" I demand. I know that it's important and it's driving him nuts.

"Tris let go." He says angry now. I didn't realize how angry he was till I feel his fist collide with my jaw. He had yanked his arm free from my grip but in the process accidentally punched me. I look at him while holding my face, Which I'm guessing is starting to turn black and blue. I'm not upset at all, not even a little mad at him. But looking at him, looking into his eyes I see the horror and guilt building. "Tobias.." I says trying to talk to him and calm him. He backs away. "I'm.. I'm.." He stutters and runs out of the room.