Sunday, July 12th, 2020

The next morning with Matt & Gabby at Antonio's Place:
Matt's POV:
As I walk into the bedroom that me and Gabby are using during our stay here at Antonio's, I smile when I see her sitting in bed with both Hannah and Louie. Breastfeeding Hannah, Gabby looked up at me and smiled. "Are we seriously going to church today babe?" I sighed when she asked me that. "Antonio and your mom want us to. But, we don't have to. I will do whatever what you want to do. At the end of the day, it's our choice whether we go or not. Gabby, we both know that we had a mixed relationship with your father. Did I respect him? Of course I did. However, I still (partially) blame him for creating the distance in between us." Gabby sighed when I said that but (ultimately) agreed with me when I said that. At least, I hope she did.

"Next weekend, we are going to the funeral...don't worry." Gabby then looked at me. "Think Christie is going to be there?" I sighed when she brought her up because I knew that she was eventually going to bring it up. "Gabby, I already told you that I don't blame your brother. I completely understand why he and Christie are on a break. He is in no place to be in a relationship when right now...he is grieving the death of your father. So please, just relax with that and let me take care of you. Gabby, you lost your father to COVID...please babe."

Gabby nodded when I said that. "You already feed little Gabriel?" Gabby nodded when I asked her that. "Yeah, he's in the crib behind you." I nodded and smiled as I went to check on him. "Hey little guy, you comfortable in that little crib you have?" Gabby laughed when I said that. "I am glad that Antonio watched the kids last night so that we could get this set up. And I also love those little cribs that we have. I think we should use those when we find a new place. I would rather not have to get the big cribs yet. They are going to be in our room for a while."

I nodded when she said that. "I promise, we can go once this week. Just pick a day, we can talk to Antonio and go out to find a new place. Also, I already delayed the courses you have to take this summer. You were supposed to start this week with your only courses to become re-certified to be an advanced EMT." Gabby nodded when I said that. "God, I am not even sure if I want to do that right now...if I am the PIC, that's more responsibilities. Heck, I might just be the paramedic." I looked at her when she said that. "I would rather have you on standby in case I ever need a replacement PIC. Then everybody will know and respect you. Plus, you like being PIC. It's a turn on." Gabby laughed when I said that and just smiled as she looked at Gabriel.

That's when I heard Louie walk up to our door. "Daddy, uncle Tonio asked me to tell you that he made breakfast. Also, he told me to tell you that he can give you a ride to church." I nodded when he said that and sighed. "I will talk to him okay Gabby? I don't want you to feel pressured to go to church." Gabby smiled and agreed with me. "How about you head upstairs buddy? Go have some breakfast...daddy will be right up and we can eat together." Louie nodded when I said that before going to run upstairs. I then turned to look at Gabby and smiled. 

"Sofia is coming today for lunch just to remind you. What are we going to do when it comes to Louie?" Gabby sighed when I asked her that. "Think you can take him to the park or something? I would rather speak to Pedro alone before we go ahead and introduce him to her." I nodded when she said that, agreeing with her. "Gabby, he is our son and nobody is going to take him away from us every again...I promise." Gabby nodded when I said that and agreed with me. "I believe you Matt. I just don't believe him completely yet." I nodded and understood.

"Listen, I am going to get dressed and then head upstairs to get us some breakfast. You going to come upstairs so that you can eat with the rest of us or do you want to eat down here?" Gabby smiled when I asked her that. "I'll come upstairs. We need to get out of our room sometimes and I think my mom might want to see the twins more." I nodded and agreed with her. "How about I get dressed while you finish feeding Gabriel? Once you are done, I can take him upstairs and you can feed Hannah. How does that sound?" Gabby nodded when I said that and smiled at me. "I promise to pump so you can start feeding her okay?" I nodded when she said that and smiled. "Just to let you know, I am ready to fight your brother if he tries to push us to go to church."

That's when Antonio came downstairs. "Oh, you are coming to church." Gabby sighed when he said that. "But.." Antonio then looked at me. "The only reason I am going to the church is to get the Eucharist blessed by the priest. Then, I am coming back here and we are going to do it in the living room upstairs." I was shocked when he said that. "What?" Antonio nodded. "You really thought we were going to the actual church when you guys have two newborns living here? Not a chance...I am not that stupid." I smiled when he said that. "No, you aren't." He agreed.

"By the way, Christie texted me and said that she can come watch the kids if you want while we are planning the funeral. I know that is probably something that is making you uncomfortable." Gabby sighed when he said that. "Matt, go get dressed and then come join us okay? I want to talk to Antonio about that in private. Not anything fancy since you are going to the park." I agreed and nodded before waking into my closet so that I could get dressed. Meanwhile, Antonio went to sit on our bed and looked at Gabby. "Why is he heading to the park?"

Gabby's POV:
As I watched Antonio sit on the bed, I sighed as I went to cover up more and just looked at him. "It's because Sofia is coming. Wait, is she coming to church too?" Antonio nodded and agreed with me. "Yeah." I then sighed. "Then can you get your kids here and they can watch them? I am not ready to go through with that Antonio. I need to meet Pedro first and talk to him. Me and Matt both do." Antonio nodded and understood, we were scared because he was Louie's biological uncle...he had a much stronger claim to him if he ever wanted to take him back. "I already told them that they are coming because I want them to have a say in how the funeral is going to be taken care of. So yes, they can watch Louie and the twins if you want them to."

Walking out of the closet, Matt smiled when Antonio said that. "Thanks Antonio. Now, is this okay for funeral planning and where is breakfast?" Antonio turned to look at him and laughed as he looked at his outfit. "I am positive that you being comfortable for funeral planning is more than appropriate in the case of being a new father. Now, breakfast is in the kitchen." Matt nodded. "Oh and church, this okay?" Antonio nodded and smiled. "You don't want to wear nice clothes in case the twins throw up." Matt nodded and smiled. "Thanks for understanding."

Waving to him, I watched as Matt left our room and went to make his way upstairs so that he could get Louie some breakfast as well as make us some plates

Waving to him, I watched as Matt left our room and went to make his way upstairs so that he could get Louie some breakfast as well as make us some plates. "Come back down here okay? I want to eat in bed!" Matt agreed with I said that. "Of course, be back in a minute." I smiled when he said that before looking at Antonio. "Don't worry, we'll be out of your hair by the end of the month. We are going to go out and look at homes this week. Think you can work from home so that you can take care of Louie and maybe the twins if we want to go look at places?"

Antonio nodded when I said that. "Of course. I was going to do that anyways because we don't want to expose our family to this anymore. Gabby, just stay as long as you want okay? We can grieve together as a family and just take care of each other. Plus, I am sure that it's nice to have Matt with you and the babies more often than before." Gabby laughed when I said that and agreed with me. "Fine, until the end of the month. But after that, we need a place close to Louie's new preschool. We are going to find one." Antonio nodded and smiled at me when I said that. "You know that I am extremely proud of you right sis." I looked at him when he said that, a bit confused. "Where did that come from?" Antonio then smiled. "You are supermom sis."