Chapter 505

Antonio's POV:  As I made my way upstairs, I walked into the kitchen to see Matt cleaning up some of my old wedding china. "Shit Antonio, I am so sorry that I broke this." I laughed when he said that. "It's okay Matt. Heck, I should've gotten rid of that years ago." He looked at me when I said that. "What is it?" I then smiled at him. "Me and Laura's wedding china. She took the plates, I was stuck with that as plates when we first split up. So believe me, you did me a favor breaking that." Matt laughed and nodded as he went to grab some other plates from the cupboard. 

"How is gabby doing when it comes to feeding the kids? She still feeling, or is she almost done?" I then smiled at him. "She's almost done feeding Hannah. By the way, I know you like to hold that little girl of yours but...can she sit with uncle Antonio for a bit? Maybe I can start her spanish lessons?" Matt laughed when I said that before going to check on the pan. Seeing it was warm enough, he went to put some pancake mix in the pan. "You put oil on that right?" Matt nodded.

"Believe me when I say this Antonio...you do not have to teach me how to cook. I have been cooking for myself for almost 20 years now." I looked at him when he said that. "20?" Matt nodded. "Yeah, you seem to forget who my mom is. Remember, she was in jail and my dad..." I remembered that and nodded. "By the way, your kids look a lot like your dad. Christie showed me some pictures while we were still dating." Matt then looked at me. "Just your grief right?"

I then sighed when he asked me that. "Okay yes, there was a little fight." Matt then looked at me. "What? Your niece snuck out and I told her that she needs to put tougher rules on her. I know she isn't my daughter but...she is my sister's niece. If she ever came over to your place because she was was in a fight with her mom and dad...then I didn't want her to be spreading COVID to you guys. Or heck, even me. I work with minority populations in my job and I would rather not be exposed and spread it to them. I told her that she wasn't thinking of our nieces and nephews."

Matt sighed and nodded. "God, why must you have done it for such a noble reason? Now I can't hate you! I mean, not that I could hate you when you are my brother-in-law  but...I see the reason why you guys had a fight and broke up. You were doing the right thing Antonio. Heck, she should already know that was the right thing considering she has already been exposed to COVID. Does she want to have it again?" I nodded when he said that. "Jim just tested positive for COVID. Violet is awaiting her test results. I think she is..." Matt the interrupted me.

"Wait a second, why are you the one who is telling me that my ex-brother-in-law has tested positive for COVID? Or that my biological niece might have COVID!" Matt just shook his head. "Listen, can you take over making breakfast for me and Gabby? I need to go call my sister and check on my niece." I agreed with him and nodded as he went to walk away so that he could do just that. Meanwhile, Matt walked away to the porch so that he could call his sister.