Chapter 557

"I want to check with Tina" -Gabby

Matt's POV: When Gabby said that she wanted to check with Tina, I nodded and agreed with her when she said that because it was a good idea. I wanted to make sure that what happened last time around with André never happened to us ever again. With us being pregnant, I knew that us loosing Louie (again) could definitely put the baby in danger. I really want this baby and I am not going to let anything happen that could possibly put this baby's (or Gabby's) life at risk. 

Holding Gabby close to me, I went to kiss her forehead. That was my signal to her that I needed a bit of comfort and she understood. Rubbing my chest, Gabby looked at me. "You okay Matt?" I then sighed and looked at her. "I want to remind you that you need to keep your street levels down babe. You are pregnant and we don't want anything to happen to the baby." Gabby nodded when I said that and agreed with me. "Of course Matt, I promise to be safe. I want this baby just as much as you do." I agreed and smiled at her, kissing her softly. "Love you."

Gabby smiled when I said that and nodded. "I love you too Mat and believe me when I say this...we are in this together and nothing is going to change that fact. We are going to come home from the hospital with a baby at the end of this pregnancy and we are going to have our dream life with 4 kids." I smiled when she said that and nodded, kissing her softly. That's when Stella said something we didn't want to hear right now. "Have you guys thought about the possibility that it might be twins or triplets again?" I sighed when she said that and nodded.

"Yeah, I have considered that because there's always a possibility that we have multiples considering I was a twin." Severide nodded when I said that. "I still can't get over the idea that you had a twin. And then you named your daughter after your late twin." I nodded when he said that. "Still, it's justice in my opinion...that way there's a Hannah Casey in this life. There was supposed to be one, now there is one." Stella smiled when I said that. "When you put it that way, it's actually quite sweet." Gabby then looked up at me and nodded. "Yeah, it does. I love it."

I smiled at her and then went to kiss her softly. "And I love you. You giving us another baby is something I never expected you to do but...now that we are pregnant, I can't see the world without a 4th Casey grandchild in this world. It seems like everything fell into place because this just feels so right." Gabby nodded when I said that and went to rub my chest. "God, how do you always know that to say?" Kissing her forehead, I smiled at her. "Because I know you."

Gabby smiled when I said that while Severide just made a gagging noise. Looking at him, I glared at him. "Keep that up Captain and you won't be considered for a position as a Battalion Chief. Remember, I have the ability to recommend that you are made a Battalion Chief since I am now a Deputy Commissioner. You have a connection and you do not want to ruin it." Severide nodded when I said that. "Of course not DC Casey." I turned to look at Gabby and smiled. "I like that actually, DC Casey." Gabby smiled when I said that when we got a new call from Antonio.

I looked at Severide and smiled. "Hey man, we might need to let you go. That might be Louie." He agreed and smiled. "Talk later man." He then went to hang up. Meanwhile, I went to answer Antonio's call. Seeing Louie, I smiled at him. "Hey buddy." Louie then looked at us. "Daddy promoty." I smiled when he said that. "How did you learn about it Severide?" Severide then laughed. "Because the Fire Commissioner told us that we now have a new contact at Firehouse 71. I asked why and he said that you have accepted a post as Deputy Fire Commissioner."

That's when Antonio realized that we were at home. "You guys..." I sighed. "We are still taking the time. I want Gabby to relax for a bit. With all this exciting news, we don't want to risk the pregnancy." He agreed with me and smiled. "Plus, we have been crazy busy for the past few days. Can you just keep him until the weekend like you promised?" Antonio nodded and agreed. "Of course, we are having fun anyways." I smiled when he said that. "Your mom come over?" Antonio looked at me when I said that. "How did you know about that?"

I then looked at Gabby. "Louie might've let it slip that we are pregnant. Apparently, he heard us talking about it. I couldn't lie to him and he told your mom. She says congratulations and she hopes that this is the last time." I nodded when she said that. "Believe me, it will be. I am going to schedule my surgery and I am going to tell them to destroy all my sperm. I am done with having kids." Gabby smiled when I said that and nodded. "Sounds like a plan." She then leaned up to kiss me and just smiled at me. "So, what have you been up to buddy? Any arts and crafts?"

Louie nodded and smiled. "Yeah, me and uncle Tonio's new girlfriend are about to do more." I then looked at Antonio. "New girlfriend? While our son is there!" Antonio then bit his lip. "You guys know her. She's safe." That's when I heard Sylvie in the background. "Yes, I am safe. Believe me guys, you can trust me with your kid!"