Chapter 520

Gabby's POV: When Matt mentioned that I always found out that I was pregnant alone, I sighed and just teared up a bit because that was the truth. Cuddling up to Matt, I rubbed his chest and just felt bad that it was the case. Moving to rub my back, I could already tell that Matt felt guilty about saying that. "Gabby, I never meant to make you feel bad for saying that." I nodded when he said that. "I know babe. It's just...I am the one to blame for that. Babe, I want you to experience it with me. That's why I want to try again. I want you to be there when I take the test."

Matt nodded when I said that and smiled at me. Kissing the top of my head, I felt Matt wrap his arm around my waist and just hold me close. "Tonight, I want to do a family movie night or just watch TV down here with the kids. We can even sleep down here because this is quite comfortable. I can see me and the boys watching a lot of sports down here. Just a warning, I think me and the boys just found our new football watching spot." I laughed when he said that and went to slap his chest. "Over my dead body. Beer and wings do not touch this couch!"

Matt sighed when I said that. "Fine, no football nights with the guys down here. But I can't say the same when it comes to me, Louie and Gabriel." Gabby nodded when I said that and smiled at me. "And a bunch of family movie nights. Believe me when I say this but, you are going to regret buying that projector...it is going to go to good use." Matt laughed. "It's also so that I can connect my laptop. We can use the cable down here without having to run cables." I thought about it and agreed with him. "That makes sense. Would save a lot of power." I agreed.

"Oh, and it's my computer." I sat up and looked at him when he said that. "Say what now?" Matt then laughed. "I can connect my laptop to the projector over there. Then, I grab my wireless keyboard and mouse. I can work while being comfortable with one of our kids either just relaxing or sleeping on my chest." I smiled when he said that and nodded before leaning over him and kissing him softly. "Listen, let's just go upstairs and keep unpacking. After that, we are going to order pizza for everybody. This is your one and only chance to have beer on here."

That's when I heard Donna Boden come downstairs. "Already laying down the rules on him eh Gabby?" I looked up at her and was shocked. "Donna wow, how are you?" I then went to get up and walked over to her and hugged her. "God, I feel like I Should have called so many times to call you Donna." Matt then got up and agreed with me. "Same here and I am sorry for that." He then walked over to her and went to hug her. Donna smiled when he did that. "I just came back from visiting Firehouse 71 yesterday. The memorial is beautiful Matt. Thank you."

Matt agreed with her and smiled. "Everybody is upstairs." Donna nodded when he said that. "I already saw them but I am actually looking for Gabby. I have been meaning to reach out." I nodded when she said that. "Go upstairs and keep unpacking." Matt nodded and smiled as he went to wrap his arm around me. Kissing me softly, he just smiled at me before walking away. "Here Donna, sit down." She laughed and smiled while getting onto the couch. "So, how are you doing in the new role you have?" That's when I realized why she was reaching out.

I then sighed. "Oh, I'm sorry...I thought you were reaching out for another reason." Donna then looked at me. "Wait...oh god, I forgot. How are you doing after your dad Gabby? I got the invite. I missed it because I was in Joliet with Terrence. I have been helping him grieve still." I nodded and agreed with her. "Hey, of course...I understand. But what are you talking about?" Donna then sighed. "I am talking about the advice I want to give you when it comes to being a Chief's wife." I laughed when she said that and nodded. "Go ahead and lay it on me Donna."

She laughed and smiled as we got to talking with her giving me advice on being a Chief's wife.