University Fire Part 4

Matt's POV: Once the other firehouses arrived on scene, I couldn't help but be relieved because that meant we were going to have backup. But what was even more impressive was that this was my first chance to meet my counterparts at Firehouses 1 and 3. I was going to have to take a picture with them for Hannah and our future child because they were both female Battalion Chiefs. It was starting to happen but, not very much. But for Firehouse 1 to have a female Battalion Chief is the most impressive since it is the second largest firehouse in the CFD.

"If it isn't the new second largest firehouse in the CFD." I smiled as I went to walk over to Battalion Chiefs Amanda Everett of Firehouse 1 and Jennifer Porter of Firehouse 3. Going to shake their hands, I smiled. "I want pictures with you guys after for my daughter. You guys are inspirations." They both blushed and agreed. "Thanks Casey. How's Gabby?" I smiled. "You heard over the radio I guess?" They both agreed. "Yeah. Now listen, where do you want us." I then smiled. "We just need more man power. Grissom said that I was scene commander." 

We both agreed while starting to walk over to Grissom. "So we have the ambos set up around the perimeter. I want to have an ambulance within 500 meters of reach. We are currently sending them to Chicago Med. However, just triage them here. The fire hasn't jumped to the other side of the promenade yet so...we aren't worried about the Law School and stuff yet. Our main concern is the center block as well as the residences. We already took care of the laboratories. If you could get your trucks to work on those, that would be good. We brought hoses in but..."

They both agreed. "How are residences going?" I then smiled. "They are in the middle of being searched. But, we could get Squad 1 to help out under the command of Captain Severide. Sorry if you guys have senior captains...my house was first on scene and I want my guys in control of the scene throughout. Any objections to that, you can talk to Grissom." Grissom then smiled. "You are scene commander Casey. Take charge." I agreed with him. "If we could get your water trucks to help pump more. I am scared of us running out of water. Maybe some from lagoon?"

They agreed when I said that. Amanda then turned to look to her Engine and went to send him to the lagoon to get water. "We should've brought out bigger ladder trucks. This is a huge fire." I agreed with her. "I was contemplating bringing 2 shifts in to help fight it. I have one that came and volunteered." They both agreed. "Now, I really want to get the Bookstore done first since there is a bunch of books in there. Paper, wood will keep the fire burning. And of course, it's right by a Biology building and a computer sciences building. Electrical or chemical fire possible."

Everett agreed. "I will get my guys there. How about you send Porter somewhere?" I agreed as she went to walk away to get her house started on the bookstore/biology/computer sciences buildings since they are all close to one another. Meanwhile, Jennifer looked at me. "How you doing? I know you've been through a lot. I taught Gabby at the fire academy." I looked at her and smiled. "We're better and expecting. We can talk about it another time. I just hope it's not twins." She laughed when I said that and went to rub my back. "I swear, you guys are crazy."

That's when Antonio stared at me because he didn't like the sighed of Jennifer rubbing my back. I just grabbed my radio and sighed. "Gabby and Jennifer know each other from the fire academy. And may I remind you that Gabby is PREG. Antonio, don't you dare look at me that way! I am not going to do anything!" He then bit his lip and just blushed, getting back to work on crowd control. Jennifer then looked at me. "Who was that?" I then laughed. "Gabby's brother. So, my brother-in-law. Very overprotective and my surrogate father-in-law since her dad died."

That's when she went to radio to him. "Hey Antonio, it's Jenny. Remember...May 2018?" I then turned to look at her. "Oh my god, you know him?" Jennifer then laughed. "Yeah, we hooked up right before he left to go to Puerto Rico. I met him at Molly's." I nodded and agreed with her. "By the way, congrats on the pregnancy." I agreed and smiled. "Thanks." Antonio then went to radio to her. "Sorry Matt. Hey Jenny." I then shook my head and just looked at him before going back to my men. That's when I saw Gallo up on the room of the building. "Chief, I'm stuck. Stairs."

I then got scared when he said that before turning to look at Mouch who was working the aerial. "MOUCH! Raise the aerial on top of North Residence." I then went to radio to Gallo. "Gallo, where's Ritter?" Ritter then spoke to me. "I'm right here with him with some of the people we saved." I agreed with him when he said that. That's when I saw an air ambulance fly over. Hatcher then spoke to me. "Casey, I will get the air ambulance to get the people from the room. Either you can send your guys back in or you can bring them down." I agreed.

I then looked at them both. "Guys, you can come down and take a breather. Grab some water and then you can go back in if required." They both agreed. "Got it chief." I then nodded as Mouch went to get them with the aerial. Jennifer them spoke to me. "You like being Chief?" I sighed when she said that. "Still missing Boden. It's hard but, I am getting better." She agreed with me when I saw Severide come out of the athletic center. "Chief, we need some paramedics in the weight room. Someone is stuck under a weight machine. He's breathing." I agreed with him. "Whatever ambo is closest to Severide, go with him." They all agreed and followed him.

I then decided to walk over to my Jeep so that I could grab my water. That's when I saw my phone ring. It was Gabby.