Chapter 519

Matt's POV: After spending the past hour setting up both the gym and the Sactional, I smiled as I went to grab the projector we bought for a TV. "Okay, Severide...take a break. Cruz, get over here and help me with the projector. Antonio, get the cable box out so that we can set it up after." He agreed and nodded when I said that. "Can I ask why you get the easy part of the house?" I then turned to look at him. "I get the easy part? Let me see...I put all the beds, the cribs, the rocking chairs, and the changing tables together in the past 48 hours. I've been in bed at 1 am for the past 2 days. So shut the hell up!"

Antonio then shut up when I said that. "Sorry Matt." I just sighed and looked at him. "I'm sorry guys. I didn't mean to yell." I then went to walk over to the couch and just went to sit down. "I have just been under a lot of stress lately." Everybody looked at me when I said that before going to sit on the couch with me. "Want to talk about it?" I sighed and looked at them all. "As you all know, Gabby's dad died recently." They all nodded. "Well, I have been holding things together here so that she can grieve and just take care of the babies. So, that's been hard and tiring."

I then took a breath. "And then of course, I am always worrying about the COVID pandemic and of course you guys. You know that even when I am not at the firehouse...I still worry about all of you guys." Hermann nodded when I said that and came to sit next to me. "Hey, we get that Matt. But just remember that Delaney has been taking great care of us." That's when I heard Delaney come downstairs. "That I have. By the way, sorry I am late. This is a great little home you have." I nodded and agreed with him. "And my new firehouse office. Reports and stuff down here."

Delaney nodded as he walked over to go shake my hand. "How are you doing? And how long before I get you back?" I then laughed. "September 1st I am back. But then, I am off on September 8th in order to recover." Everybody (except Antonio) then got concerned. "Surgery?" I then laughed. "September 7th is the Battle of the Badges Charity Boxing Match. You get to see the two brothers-in-law go head-to-head in the boxing ring for the first and possibly, the last time." Antonio then got up and went to start fake boxing with me. "And he is going to make sure he doesn't hurt me." He smiled and agreed. "Yeah, of course."

They all laughed when I said that. "Of course. By the way, you better Represent us well Chief!" I agreed and smiled. "And you better make sure to shut off the bells and whistles on your way back from calls if you are driving by here. It's been loud recently and I am not impressed! I told you guys that the bells and whistles stay off when returning from calls." They all agreed. That's when I heard Gabby come downstairs. "I hear you talking more than unpacking. You done down here?" I nodded and smiled at her. "Come sit on the couch." She agreed and smiled, doing so.

Walking over to the couch, Gabby smiled and nodded as she went to crawl onto it

Walking over to the couch, Gabby smiled and nodded as she went to crawl onto it. Getting on with her, I smiled as I went to wrap my arm around her and just held her close. That's when Gabby laid down against me and wrapped her arms around my torso. "You guys can leave us alone and keep working upstairs if you want for a bit." I smiled when Gabby said that and nodded. "I will tell you guys if she wants to change anything." They all agreed and smiled as they went to walk away, knowing that we wanted a minute alone to cuddle up to each other.

Looking at Gabby as I went to kiss her forehead, I smiled when everybody was gone. I then went to kiss her softly and just smiled at her. "What do you say tonight we sleep down here? Louie can sleep over there in the corner...we can sleep diagonally and then the twins can sleep in their cots on the opposite sides of us." Gabby smiled when I said that and agreed with her. "That sounds perfect." Looking up at me, Gabby went to kiss me softly. Rubbing her arm as she did so, I then went to put my hand on her neck and just smiled at her. "You know I love you right?" 

Gabby smiled when I said that. "Trust me, you are going to show me tonight or tomorrow...I just double checked, and I'm ovulating." I smiled when she said that. "We are really going to start trying already eh?" Gabby nodded when I said that. "Yeah, one last time. Imagine if it's twins or triplets again though." I nodded when she said that. "We are not moving. I like this place and the kids can share!" Gabby then shook her head. "It'll just be one baby girl. Remember that your gym has to be easy to disassemble though. Louie is moving down here eventually."

I nodded when she said that. "We'll be pregnant by Christmas...I can guarantee you that okay?" Gabby smiled and agreed with me when I said that. "That sounds perfect. But this time, we'll find out together." I thought about that and then looked at her. "You want to know what the craziest thing is?" Gabby then looked up at me. "What?" I then sighed. "I hate this fact but...during our entire relationship, you have always found out that you were pregnant alone."