Chapter 523

Meanwhile, upstairs in the kitchen:
Matt's POV: As I finished passing around some plates for the pizza, I smiled when I saw Gabby walk over to me. "How's the unpacking going?" I then laughed. "So far so good. I have a nice conversation with Delaney." Gabby nodded when I said that. "Oh really?" I nodded and smiled as I went to wrap my arm around her. "Just to let you know, we are having supper with our friends tonight okay? They are going to stay and we are going to celebrate your birthday." Gabby smiled when I said that and nodded as she kissed me softly. "That sounds perfect."

That's when Gallo walked up to us. "How is it with 3 kids now guys?" I laughed as I turned to look at him. "We can say busy." Gallo nodded when I said that before going to grab some pizza. "Can't wait to have you back. Let's just say that Delaney is really strict." I sighed when he said that. "Gallo, you are going to have to deal with it okay? He is currently interim Battalion Chief. And honestly, I would rather not talk about this on Gabby's birth." Gabby nodded when I said that.

"I am going to go sit in the living room with the family and kids okay?" I nodded when she said that and smiled. "You want me to get some bottles ready for the babies? I see your mom is really enjoying holding Hannah in her arms. Maybe she can feel her while we eat lunch." Gabby smiled and agreed when I said that. "And you can feed Gabriel. Sorry if I like watching my husband feed our son." I smiled when she said that and nodded. "Of course, I will grant your birthday wish."

Gabby smiled when I said that and agreed with me while rubbing my back. Walking over to the fridge to grab a bottle for Gabriel, I then went to walk over to the living room so that I could get Gabriel from Antonio. "Hey Antonio, I am going to have to feed Gabriel." Antonio then looked at me and reached for the bottle. "Let me. You take a break and relax. Once we are done, we need to unpack those snow suits and stuff." I then looked at him. "What snow suits?" Gabby turned to look at me when I said that. "Yeah, what snow suits?" Antonio then smiled at us when I brought them up.

"I may have bought my niece and nephew a little gift. They are expensive." I agreed with him and smiled. "Thanks. Just bring it into the basement. We have a storage closet down there that we can use for winter clothes." Antonio agreed with me and nodded when I said that. "What else are you going to be storing down there?" Turning to look at Gabby, I wasn't sure. "I guess we can put your vow renewal dress down there once you buy it." Gabby laughed and agreed with me.

"You already set up your office?" I nodded when she asked me that. However, Antonio was just confused. "I thought you said that you were on paternity leave Matt?" I nodded. "I am but, I am still the one doing the reports. I need to do something to stay busy. Sometimes, when the kids are napping...Gabby likes to take a nap too so, I go help out with the reports." I then turned to look at everybody. "But the way, can you all please send them on time? The late ones, I hate!"

Everybody nodded when I said that and smiled. "Of course Chief." Delaney then looked at me. "I will make sure that we will get them to you on time. Now listen, let's finish eating because I believe we still need to get your beds set up or what are we doing next?" I then thought about it. "How about we get some help with baby-proofing the house? Either than or you boys can work on organizing that garage while the girls can do the clothes in Gabriel's room. We already finished Ella's room. Or you can do Louie's room a bit more. We still have bags and the shelf."

Hermann then spoke up. "I can help up there. Where is his room?" I laughed. "He's in the attack bedroom. That'll be the boys bedroom eventually..." That's when Louie yelled. "No! I no share with brother!" Turning to look at him, I just sighed. "Louie, we will talk about that another time okay?" Louie then went to run away and I was not impressed. This was not what I wanted on Gabby's birthday. Looking at her, I just went to set my food down. "I am going to go..."

She nodded and understood what I meant. Grabbing my hand, she just rubbed it. I then went to look at everybody. "I am going to talk to Louie. Whenever you are done eating...I just ordered some groceries that we still need to get. Can you go get it for me Cindy?" Cindy turned to look at me and nodded. "Sure." I smiled when she said that. "Sylvie, can you and Ambo work on linen? The box is in the linen closet upstairs. Severide, tools on my tool bench in the garage."

He nodded and smirked when I said that. "Cruz, there are some stickers. Both in English and in Spanish that Gabby bought. They are little sayings. Can you match them together and ask her where she wants them?" Gabby looked at me when I said that. "That is a great couple to do them. They are in the box by the TV over there Cruz." Cruz agreed and nodded as he went to grab them. Meanwhile, I went to make my way upstairs so that I could talk to Louie. I just hoped that I could try and fix things with him. I knew this was hard on him and I was starting to get worried.