Chapter 527

Gabby's POV: As we arrived at Gaffney, I went to help Michael get Matt out of the Ambulance. Wheeling him into the hospital, I saw Maggie there. "What a way to end your move in day." I laughed when she said that. "You get Room 2 ready?" She agreed and nodded. Walking in with Michael, I then went to lead him right to Room 2 where Dr. Manning was waiting for us. "Now I understand why I was personally requested." I nodded and agreed with her before standing back. "He's dehydrated. I already put an IV in while I was in the ambulance." She agreed.

Going to grab it, she went to attach it to the IV drip that they had waiting for Matt in the room. She then went to start an exam of him when I heard someone call for me. "Gabby!" Turning around, I saw Christie walk over to me. "Christie." I then went to hug her and smiled. "Thanks for coming." She agreed. "Antonio called. He said that he needed someone to join you. He didn't want you going through this alone. I didn't want that either. He just dehydrated?" I nodded and agreed with her when she asked me that. "Yeah, I think we worked a bit too hard." She agreed.

I then turned to look at her and sighed. "Oh, distract me for a minute." That's when Maggie looked at me. "Sit down first Gabby. I want you to get an IV drip too just in case. You worked hard today and are probably close to dehydration. If you are worried, then..." I nodded when she said that. "Thanks Maggie." Going to sit down in the chair next to Matt, I watched as Maggie put in an IV drip for me too. I then went to just relax and looked at her. "Maggie, can you close the door? I know it's not protocol but...with us having young kids and COVID." She agreed. "Of course."

Looking at me, Christie just sighed. "You must hate me right now after what I did to your brother." I just shook my head. "Hey, of course not Christie. I understand your point of view too. Remember, I am a mom." She agreed with me. "God, why must it be today this happened to Matt? You guys should be turning a new page and enjoying your new bed." I was about to say something when I turned to look at her. I was about to say something when she interrupted me. "Oh, don't give me that bull. Everybody knew that was why you were rushing us out!"

I laughed when she said that and nodded. "We haven't been alone much since last night. That was actually our first night alone since we lost our place." She agreed with me when I said that. "Yeah, that makes sense. You were living at Antonio's for a while." I nodded and smiled at her. "How's Violet feeling?" Christie then sighed. "She's doing better. Hasn't gotten more serious. We are just being cautious. I already got tested ahead of time...I am not positive so, I can be in here with you guys." I nodded when she said that. "Honestly, I think this is helpful and calming."

Christie agreed with me when I said that. "Listen, you just take a breather and relax okay? Take advantage of the quiet time. You aren't going to have that when you are back at home." I nodded when she said that. "Antonio is there right now with the kids. He is going to stay the night and then, he is going to stay tomorrow so we can rest. By the way, thanks for being so civil today. I was honestly worried that you guys would get into it." She agreed with me when I said that. "Gabby, I was not going to do that to you on your birthday. How was that supper?"

I smiled when she asked me that. "It was delicious. Now listen, how about you just stay here and watch him for me? I am going to take a rest and just close my eyes while I have this IV drip. Right now, I have a chance to rest and catch up on some sleep." Christie laughed and agreed with me when I said that. "Of course. Have a good rest and I will be right here when you wake up." I nodded when she said that and smiled. "Oh, can you stay until we are released? We need a ride home." Christie nodded and smiled. "Of course Gabby. Now enjoy that IV and please relax."

I agreed when she said that before going to lay back more in the chair. Closing my eyes, I smiled as I just fell asleep in the chair to get a little bit of rest while both me and Matt got some IV fluids.