Chapter 504

"You are supermom sis."

Gabby's POV: When Antonio called me a supermom, I couldn't help but blush because I don't think that I have ever had such high praises from my brother. However when you actually thought about it, I really thought that I was. I am (struggling) when it comes to balancing being a mom to a toddler while also being a mom to twins and a wife. It's not easy to do that...heck I have seen both my mom and ex-sister-in-law (Laura) fail at that. I am jut glad that I am not failing when it comes to that. At least, I hope I'm not failing when it comes to that. (Please.)

"Complete honesty Antonio, I have never felt that way...I just feel like I am doing my job. At the end of the day, that's all that matters to me...being the best mom I can be to my kids. And of course, also being the most supportive wife I can be while Matt takes on this incredibly difficult and important job he has as Battalion Chief at Firehouse 71. He hides it pretty well but, I know that he is starting to feel the pressure of being a new chief." Antonio sighed when I said that.

"Gabby, I know what it feels like...." However, he didn't. "No, you don't Antonio." Antonio sighed and just looked at me. "Gabby, I am the new Deputy Head of Intelligence. I know what it's like to take on a huge new role with your mentor being dead. So believe me when I say this Gabby but, I know exactly what Matt is feeling right now considering I am in the same place as he is...trying to figure out a new role while also balancing a family in this new world called COVID-19. It's hard."

Looking at him when he said that, I went to grab his hand and sighed. "I guess you do understand this better than I give you credit for." Antonio laughed when I said that and smiled at me. "You know that we are in this together right? We are going to plan dad's funeral but...I promise to try and take your side as much as I can. Sofia doesn't know dad as much as us." I nodded when he said that and smiled at him. "I wasn't sure what you were going to do when it came to that honestly. I am just glad that you are going to be on my side during the planning."

Antonio laughed when I said that and smiled. "Gabby, of course I am going to be on your side. We are full siblings...Sofia is just our half-sibling. Plus, we know dad a lot better than she did. I mean sure, he must've visited her but...we lived with him on a daily basis." Gabby laughed when I said that. "And he almost ruined my marriage before it could even blossom to what it has blossomed to now." Antonio nodded when I said that. "I'm sorry I didn't help more with him."

I nodded when he said that. "By the way, can you promise me something?" Antonio nodded and smiled. "Of course, what is it sis?" I then went to make a joke. "No breakup announcements at me and Matt's vow renewal/5th anniversary party." Antonio smiled and agreed with me when I said that. "Believe me, that isn't going to happen...especially from the bride and groom themselves. By the way, yes...I will walk you down the aisle at your vow renewal." I laughed.

"Yeah, because I am not going to walk down the aisle by myself. Antonio be realistic and realize who you are talking to...I am going to be walking down the aisle towards Matt by myself and you are not going to be able to do anything that is going to change that fact. I am a very independent woman and I promise you that you will NOT be the one walking me down the aisle. Maybe Louie and Gabriel will." Antonio smiled when I said that, seemingly loving that idea. "Now that would be adorable." I smiled and agreed with him when he said that. "I need to work on his walking."

Antonio smiled when I said that before going to kiss my forehead. "Listen, I am going to go upstairs and make sure that your husband doesn't burn down my kitchen." I laughed when he said that. "Shut up, he's a cook good. He can make really nice meals. His best yet? Bacon mac n cheese. It was really good and was a nice family supper. Heck, me and him actually ate it." Antonio smiled. "That sounds perfect. Now, I am going upstairs because my kids are coming."

I nodded when he said that. "Then we are going to sit down here okay? The couch is really comfortable, we already have Louie's toys everywhere and we have the babies little chairs out there. You are not changing my mind...if you do, I am going to play the new mom card. Oh and one more thing...I need you here on July 15th." Antonio was confused when I said that. "Can I ask why?" I sighed when he did. "It's Severide's birthday so...I want to let Matt go ahead and..."

Antonio nodded and understood. "You want him to have a guy night with Severide so that he can celebrate his birthday with him." Gabby smiled and agreed. "Oh and my birthday we need a babysitter too. At least for Louie. I want to just relax down here, get a nice massage and just have my husband to myself. Now, we might play music a bit that night if you know what I mean." Antonio laughed when I said that and smiled. "Sis, you do whatever you want on your birthday. As long as Matt keeps that nice smile on your face, then you guys can go for #4 if you want."

I  smiled and bit my lip when he said that. "Wait, are you pregnant!" I shook my head when he said that. "Oh no...Antonio I just gave birth traumatically!" Antonio understood what I meant and nodded. "We are just thinking about the future. We might try and do surrogacy or adoption again. I am not sure if I am comfortable giving birth." Antonio nodded and smiled as he went to grab my hand when I said that. "Remember, I am always going to be on your side sis."

I smiled when he said that. "Thanks Antonio. Now listen, can you go check on Matt? I just heard something fall and I don't want it to be anything dangerous. He isn't wearing socks and I am in no place to be able to do first aid right now." Antonio nodded when I said that and smiled as he went to kiss my forehead. "I got him sis, you just concentrate on yourself and the kids. Don't be too long though...I want to hold that gorgeous little niece of mine for the first time upstairs."

I laughed when he said that. "Yeah, you are going to have to wrestle Matt for that. He likes to hold Hannah when he is relaxing on the couch...I am sure that is what he plans on doing when I am upstairs so, good luck. Maybe when he is out with Louie okay?" Antonio nodded and smiled. "See you soon okay? I am going to go see what happened upstairs. If I yell at your husband, am I going to be in trouble with you?" I shook my head when he said that. "I will give you a pass. Now go before something else happens." Antonio nodded and smiled, leaving to go upstairs.