Ambo 61 to the Rescue

Paramedic-in-Chief Michael O'Connor's POV:
As I arrive at our Chief's home, I get worried considering this was not going to be a normal transport. We were going to be expected to do it perfectly. Going to knock on the door, I went with procedure even though they were expecting us. "CFD Paramedics!" That's when we saw somebody answer the door. "This Chief Casey's residence?" He agreed. "Yeah, Det. Antonio Dawson, my sister has already gotten him ready. She's a paramedic. Gabby Dawson?" I agreed and nodded. "I know who she is. Remember, Casey is our chief." He agreed. 

Walking in, I saw Chief laying on the ground in the living room. Looking at Gabby, I smiled. "We got him Gabby." She agreed. "My brother and Det. Halstead here brought him down. Uhm, he should just be dehydrated." I agreed with her. "Gabby, just take a breath and be his wife. Go get in the Ambo and get the air ready. Central line to give him fluids." She agreed and looked at her brother. "Go, go Gabby. Me and Jay got the kids." That's when whom I assumed was Jay's wife agreed. "Yeah, we'll stay here with Antonio. Right babe?" Jay agreed with her. "Yeah."

Going to grab Chief, I looked at Jay. "Can you assist with putting him on the stretcher?" He agreed and nodded. Putting him on, I then went to life it. Looking at Casey Nolan (my partner), we brought him up and went to start wheeling him out. That's when Gabby went to grab Casey's side. "Casey, go get in the ambo and get ready to drive. I can take over. Antonio, there should be bottles ready. If not, just give them formula." He agreed when Gabby said that. "Gabby, concentrate on Matt." Gabby agreed and nodded when he said that. "Right, let's go."

Pushing him out to the ambulance, me and Gabby just looked at each other when we got ready. "How was the move in?" Gabby then glared at me. "Just get my husband to the hospital. I am not in the mood to talk when he passed out of dehydration. This is all my fault, I should've realized that he wasn't hydrated enough." I sighed when she said that. "Gabby, this is not your fault. We are going to get him to the hospital. Please just relax." Getting to the Ambulance, we both got ready to lift. "On my count. 1, 2, 3, lift!" She agreed and id just that.

Rolling him in, we both got in the back with him. That's when I saw Detective Dawson close the doors for us and I just agreed. "Thanks." Hitting the back, Gabby just went to work. "Gabby, I can..." Gabby just glared at me. "If you think I am not going to help, then you are out of your mind. I am senior PIC. Now, check his blood pressure. I am going to get the IV In to make sure it's done right!" I agreed and just went to start checking his blood pressure. That's when I watched Gabby get to work. I still had to watch her because she was technically not a paramedic.

Getting the IV in correctly, Gabby went to start him on IV and just went to rub his head. Kissing his forehead, Gabby sighed. "God, what a horrible year." I nodded and agreed with her. "Between COVID and now this, it has been. What's the house like?" Gabby then laughed. "Last night was great. We got everything unpacked today but now...all I want to do is get him safe and back in my arms. I want to have him in my arms in our bed later." I agreed with her. "And he will be Gabby. He'll be fine. Now, I am going to radio to the hospital ahead for you okay?"

Gabby shook her head. "Give me the radio, I got it." I agreed and went to give it to her. She then went to radio to med. "Ambo 61 to Med." Med then responded. "You're on with Maggie." Gabby agreed. "Maggie, get a room ready. Matt passed out of dehydration. Room 4. Lucky number." Maggie then laughed. "Room 2. It's clear." She understood. "Okay, we will be there in about 3 minutes. Get me Manning. She's a mom and can help me and Matt at the same time." Maggie knew exactly what she meant, Gabby was stressed about this and concerned for her husband as we drove him to the hospital.