Chapter 510

Matt's POV: After driving Gabby to the house, I smiled as we got out and looked at the realtor we hired from a distance. We did it at the Cabin so that she could get to work. I really didn't want to have to live with Antonio very long and she understood that. Walking over with Gabby while wearing our masks, I smiled at her. "Carina, pleasure to meet you." Carina smiled and agreed. "Same here Mr. and Mrs. Casey." I then smiled at her. "Please, my name is Matt and this is my wife Gabby." Gabby then smiled at Carina. "Thanks for working so fast. Our home burned down."

She looked at us and nodded. "Believe me, I have been working hard to make sure we get the best place possibly for your family. Now, this is a 2000 sq. ft. home, 3 floors, 5 bed, 2 bath. I know you said that you wanted to be the same floor as the kids but...I hear that all the time from parents and they thank me afterwards." Gabby laughed when she said that. "It's on the market for $369.9K but, I could probably get them down to $365.9K." I nodded when she said that. "We already have half of the cost pre-approved thanks to a settlement with our home insurance."

Gabby then looked at me. "I thought we could put that towards the kid's college funds?" I then sighed. "If we use it for the house, the amount we have to pay each month is lower and it'll just be faster. Less debt." Gabby nodded and agreed with me. "Now, how about we walk in and we can see the place. If we like it, we will definitely be putting in an offer. I hate living with my brother-in-law." Gabby laughed when I said that and smiled at me. Walking up the front steps into the house, we both looked at it and loved how spacious this is. "Wow, this is gorgeous."

Carina then looked at us both. "I know the kitchen is smaller than you guys wanted...but I thought with the extra $30,000 you would still have in your budget, you could probably move it over. Or that can be your dinning room. Big sectional couch here with the TV. And of course, carpet here with toys for your kids." Gabby nodded and smiled when I said that. "Let me guess, you moonlight as a interior decorator?" Carina nodded. "Yeah. I normally have clients go from being my home buyers to my clients as an interior decorator." I then laughed. "Not happening."

Carina then looked at us. "Now the sellers have already moved out and have given me permission to sell the house right away. It can be yours right away. The first floor like I said, kitchen and living room. Basement has 1 bed, 1 bath and your access to the garage. We can do that last." I agreed and nodded while holding Gabby's hand and intertwining our fingers. "How about we head upstairs and we can do the second floor where the bedrooms are?" We both agreed and nodded as we went to make our way upstairs to the second floor.

Walking up, I smiled as I went to look at the house. "Okay, so master is on the second floor. Top floor has another bedroom with a closet. Your kids' washroom is on the second floor with the bedrooms between the twins." We agreed with that as we walked up before going to look in the twins' bedroom. We then went to look in our room and I smiled. "Okay, now this is could live with. TV on the wall and a nice ensuite. I mean, no separate bath and shower but that's okay." I nodded when she said that. "That's fine with me too."

Carina smiled at us. "Now Louie's room is upstairs." Proceeding upstairs to the last bedroom, we all smiled as we walked in and looked at it. "Great views of Chicago. Perfect for a little boy. The noise up here is pretty isolated and I can see him having early morning games up here without waking up the twins." We both laughed at the idea and nodded. Turning to look at Gabby when she said that, I just wrapped my arm around her and smiled. "And now the basement." I looked at Gabby and smiled. "We'll meet you down there okay? I'd like to talk to her."

Carina nodded and smiled as she walked away. Meanwhile, I looked at Gabby and went to wrap my arms around her. "Okay, is it just me or did she pick like the perfect house to show us first?" Gabby nodded when I said that and smiled at me. "Are we really already thinking of this?" I nodded and smiled at her, going to kiss her softly. "2 weeks and we are out of Antonio's place." Gabby smiled and agreed. "We'd been moving alone. I mean, unless all of our friends tested negative." I nodded when she said that. "They will babe. Then we can get their help."

Gabby smiled when I said that. "Listen, we're approved for $400K. Let's go in right at what they want. I want this house too bad Matt." I agreed with her and smiled before kissing her softly. "If we get it, first thing I am doing when we move here is taking you in that bath." Gabby laughed when I said that. Bringing her downstairs to talk to Carina, we both smiled and then I went to speak for us. "Carina?" Carina then turned to look at me. "Put an offer in for us at $369.9K" Carina was shocked. "Not at $369.5K?" Gabby good her head. "I want it, I am getting it!"

She laughed and agreed. "Then let me work my magic. When do you want to try and move?" I then smiled. "As soon as possible." She nodded and smiled, agreeing with me as we got ready to buy our first home together. "Done renting eh babe?" Gabby nodded when I said that and smiled as we prepared to move out of Antonio's and into our new home.

NOTE: I am skipping 2 weeks next chapter to moving day. Matt and Gabby will have moved in the day before and have already assembled the beds and stuff. They just have to unpack with their friends' and family's help.