Chapter 521

20 Minutes Later when Matt & Donna are done talking:
Matt's POV: After making my way upstairs with Donna, I smiled when I saw everybody starting to finish up the kitchen. "Dang you guys work fast." That's when I saw Cindy and smiled at her. "Cindy." Cindy then walked over to me and smiled as she came to hug me. "Matt, I need to talk to you at some point for Lee Henry." I then laughed. "Don't worry, he's already on the waiting list for the Candidate position at 71. I just need to find a spot for him. We are all full with Candidates right now. But once I get a request for a transfer, I will call you." Hermann smiled. "My shift please."

Delaney then walked in and stood next to me to give me backup. "You will have his choice of house but not of shift. I will not loose one of my firefighters to make room for your son. We had to work hard to get this team to work good together...I am not changing that up only 4 months into our new situation. If he can't get a spot this year at 71...then he can try again next year. I am not going to make any promises." I then turned to look at Delaney, asking for backup. Delaney just nodded. "I agree with Chief Casey. Sorry but, we need to put the house first."

I turned to look at him and smiled. "See, if we can agree then...you know it's right. I mean remember when this first started Hermann? Delaney couldn't stand a guy being younger than him and being Chief." Delaney laughed when I said that. "But, you've been great. I can't wait to get you back though. I am not going to miss the paperwork." I laughed when he said that. "Yeah, keep thinking that. You get Squad Certified yet?" Delaney laughed. "I quit that. I am in charge of Engines now remember?" I agreed with him and smiled. "Of course, keep thinking that."

I then went to walk away when I saw Louie at the fridge. However, Delaney followed me. "Hey, what's that supposed to mean?" Going to open the fridge, I looked at Louie. "You want some water Louie?" Louie nodded and smiled. "I getting tired daddy." That's when I heard a knock on the door. "God, can someone check what that is." That's when Antonio agreed. "I got it Matt. It's my gift to you...I bought Pizza for everybody." I laughed and agreed with him. "That sounds perfect." I then went to pick Louie up and smiled at him. "Nap time after okay bud?"

Louie nodded when I said that and smiled at me. "Okay daddy." I smiled before going to kiss his forehead. Once that was done, I went to fill up his water and gave it to him. "Here you go bud, take some water and you can go sit on the couch over there." He agreed and nodded, running over to the couch when I turned around to look at Delaney. He just stared at me. "What do you mean by 'keep thinking that'?" I then sighed when he said that. "Delaney, yes you are in charge of the engines...but at the end of the day, I am the one really in charge. I have the real power."

Delaney sighed when I said that and agreed with me. "I know, my position of Deputy Chief is solely based on me being in your good graces." I sighed and agreed. "And believe me, you have been...just remember that when I am back, you need to cede the power back to me. I am going to be the one in charge of the calls. I know it's a step back down for you but, it's the truth." He agreed and smiled. "Also, I just recently learned that if we are ever called to a scene that requires multiple houses....I am going to be scene commander regardless of first arrival."

Delaney was shocked when I said that. "What?"