Chapter 543

Matt's POV:
After going to grab some nacho chips and dip for lunch, I smiled as I walked back into me and Gabby's room. I was still thinking about the fact that we were pregnant again and I was really excited. However something was bothering me...I mean, what if it's twins again? You know what, I am probably just being paranoid and I am not going to bring it up because then that is going to worry Gabby and we don't need to do that while she is pregnant with our baby.

That's when Gabby turned to look at me while rubbing her stomach. "God, I still can't believe it." I nodded when she said that and smiled as I went to give the dip to her. Getting in bed, I went to wrap my arm around her and smiled. "Same here. But we need to just take a breather and relax." Gabby nodded when I said that and smiled. "You know what I just thought about though...we could be on the road to having 5 kids." I then looked at her and sighed. "I was just thinking that."

Moving my hand to her stomach, I smiled at her. "We'll figure it out though. No matter how many kids we have, we'll figure it out Gabby." Gabby nodded when I said that and just smiled at me. I then moved my arm back around her while cuddling up to her more. "Would we move homes?" I then thought about it and laughed. "Oh, you're serious?" Gabby nodded. "If we have 5 kids and 3 bedrooms for them?" I then bit my lip. "Louie's in the attack. Boys share, girls share for now."

Gabby agreed with me when I said that. "I don't want to tell anybody for a while okay? Not until we are past the first trimester. I don't want to risk it. And I don't want to tell anybody if it's multiples okay? We just say baby...that way people don't have to mourn with us..." I then went to stop her from talking by pushing her chin up and going to kiss her softly. "Gabby, we are not going to be mourning the loss of a child. I already know that we are going to meet this baby."

Gabby smiled when I said that before going to cuddle up to me more. "Listen, how about we eat and then we can just hold each other close? Maybe we can talk about possible names we are thinking?" Gabby laughed when I said that. "I like the name Melissa. I watched a movie while I was in Puerto Rico...it was called 'I Still Believe', the real life story of the Christian Singer Jeremy Camp." I nodded when she said that and smiled at her. "That actually sounds adorable. I like it."

I then went to kiss her head. "Ethan Jeremiah." Gabby nodded when I said that and just smiled. "That sounds perfect. Ethan...oh god, Abigail." I then thought about it and just smiled at her. "Abigail Elizabeth Casey." Gabby smiled when I said that. "Okay, so we have to talk about bedrooms okay? We could put Louie upstairs...and they can share bedrooms." Gabby thought about that and agreed with me. "Honestly, I think that could work for now." I agreed with her.

"No matter what, we will make it work okay? We are a team and I am here with you." Gabby smiled when I said that before putting her hand on her stomach. "I am still coming to the firehouse during the pregnancy. I am not going to let you go alone. I'll stay in the apartment." I nodded and agreed with her. "You do realize that I am still technically on reserve leave. Yes, I am on paternity leave...but if there is ever a major 5-alarm fire, I said that I can go in and help."

Gabby then sighed when I said that. "By help, you mean..." I looked at her. "By controlling the outside. They have the ability to call in the entire house. If required, I will go in with Severide and everybody." Gabby agreed with me. "You need to be safe. And I am going to be at the firehouse with the twins to make sure you are safe. Then, you can work a 24 hour shift. If we are already there....then you might as well work 24 hours." I agreed with her when she said that, smiling.

I laughed when she said that and agreed with her. "Would you come in or stay here?" Gabby then bit her lip. "I think I would come in. Do you have stuff already at the firehouse?" I turned to look at her and nodded. "Yes." Kissing her forehead, I smiled at her. "Antonio would be at the Firehouse so he can help you." Gabby smiled when I said that when I heard my phone ring. I then went to grab it and saw it was the fire commissioner. Answering it, I went to speak to him.

"Commissioner, how can I help you?" Grissom then sighed. "5-alarm, 2-house fire at the University of Chicago. I know you said that..." I then went to shut him up. "Yes, I'll be right there. I'll meet them at the firehouse." He agreed. "See you there." I then went to hang up and looked at Gabby. "What are the odds that you get called in right when that happens?" I laughed and went to kiss her softly. "Can you call somebody and see if they can help you?"

Gabby agreed and nodded as I went to get up. Walking to my closet, I went to get dressed.

Gabby's POV:
As Matt went to get dressed for work, I rolled over to call Antonio. He would understand. Grabbing my phone, I called him right away and he answered. "Hey sis, what's up?" I then sighed. "Can you give me a hand? I need to pack the kids up and move to the firehouse. Matt needs to go in." Antonio was shocked. "What?" I then sighed. "5-alarm, 2-house fire at the University of Chicago." Antonio then got scared. "Eva is there. I can't. Christie?"

I agreed. "Be safe Antonio. I'll call her." I then went to hang up with him and went to call Christie. I was just glad that she answered. "Christie!" Christie then spoke to me. "What's up Gabby? How are the..." I then went to speak to her. "I need help. Matt has to go into the firehouse to help with a huge fire. I am going to stay at our apartment there with the twins. Can you come here and help me pack them up?" Christie agreed. "Of course. Be there soon."  That's when I saw Matt come out with a bag. "I grabbed something quick, can you pack more?"

 "I grabbed something quick, can you pack more?"

I nodded and agreed with him. "Christie is coming to help me move to the firehouse." Matt agreed and nodded. Walking over to me while grabbing his bag with his laptop and stuff. "Still can't believe I haven't packed this yet." I laughed when he said that before watching as he walked up to me. "Our friends will be there. I told Delaney to switch the crews out. They already have crews there...I just need to rush." Walking up to me, Matt went to kiss me and smiled. "Be safe and I will see you later." Matt agreed and nodded before going to rush out of the house.

That's when he popped his head back in. "I love you, breathe and tell Antonio so he can help you." I then looked at him. "About the?" I nodded. "Yes, I don't want this to cause you to miscarry." I nodded and agreed with him. "Just go. I will grab more of your clothes. Stay safe. Love you!" Matt agreed and nodded before going to rush out of the house to go fight his first fire since becoming a father of 3 and learning that we were expecting our 4th child together.