University Fire Part 1

Matt's POV: As we arrived on the scene of the University of Chicago, I went to put my pants on before grabbing my radio. Walking onto the scene, I looked at everybody and went to speak to them over the radio. "Firehouse 71, show me how good you've been since I went on paternity leave." That's when I saw Antonio and Jay walk over to me as co-Heads of Intelligence. "Surprised to see you here Jay." Jay then laughed. "I am not on paternity leave. Will's with Erin." I agreed with him when he said that. "Congrats of course." I smiled and nodded.

Antonio then smiled and came to hug me. "Louie says be safe." I agreed with him. "Now, I am going to get to work." Walking over, I made my way over to Delaney and he smiled at me. "4th?" I nodded when he asked me that and smiled. "What can I say? Seems that my sperm and her eggs are very attracted to each other." Delaney then laughed as he looked at the scene. "HAZMAT is already on the radio-active areas of the University. I have Truck 81 started in the residences." I agreed with him when Antonio went to check his text messages. "Casey." I then looked at him.

"What's up Antonio?" Antonio then looked at me. "Just fair warning....today there was a tour at the University. Laura saw the pictures on TV. She says that Eva went with some of her friends." I got worried when she said that. "Can you text Christie and see if Violet did the same? I now you..." He agreed. "Hey, I'll give her a call." He then walked away to go check if Violet was here. Meanwhile, I looked at Delaney before nodding. Grabbing my radio, I went to call Severide. "Captain Severide, come in." He agreed. "Go ahead Chief Casey." I then took a deep breath.

"University tours in progress. Prospective students and parents. One of the prospective students is my niece Eva Dawson. I repeat, DAWSON'S daughter is on scene. MY NIECE! You find her and report back to me when you find her!" They all agreed when I said that when Delaney looked at me. "Want to take over for a minute?" I shook my head when he said that. "Nope, I need to prove to the Commissioner over there that I can handle the pressure of my family being at the scene." He agreed with me when I saw the Commissioner walk over to me. "I already know that."

I agreed with him and nodded. "By the way, congratulations in advance." I then turned to look at him. "We can talk about that another time okay? Right now, my niece is in that fire. I would rather she not die....because you see that cop over there?" I then went to point to Antonio who was pacing and leaning against his car. He nodded. "That's my brother-in-law who just so happens to have a gun on him and is a golden gloves boxer. Oh, and he's my opponent in the Battle of the Badges. I'm a dead man if his daughter dies. And I want to meet my future child."

Delaney then looked at me and agreed. "Just an FYI...you are in charge of the house from downstairs. I am not staying down there. I am staying in my apartment. I have 2 babies and a pregnant wife with me today...COVID is still in the air and I do not need to bring it upstairs to them. I will work upstairs and respond to fires from upstairs. Understood?" He agreed and smiled. "Of course Chief. You do that." I then smiled as I turned to look at Grissom. "That's okay right?" Grissom nodded and smiled. "Of course, you do what you need for your family."

That's when I got a radio from Severide. "Det. Dawson, Chief." I then let Antonio answer. "Tell me you have her Severide." He agreed. "I found her bag by the door to the washroom. Permission to enter?" He agreed. "Of course. Get her out!" I then went to listen and just heard him yell for Eva. "EVA!" I then heard my niece speak to him. "In here, smoke." I then turned to look at Antonio and saw him let out a sigh of relief. "Okay Severide, bring her out and put her in Ambo 61. Sylvie, get the Ambo ready. Get in the back with Antonio and then transport them to Med."

Sylvie agreed. "Of course Chief." I then went to radio to Med. "Chief Casey to Chicago Med." Maggie then responded. "Go ahead Chief." I then took a breath. "Ambo 61 arriving in 2 minutes with Gabby's niece." She agreed when I said that. "We got her. I promise. How are the babies?" I then sighed. "Maggie, I am at a fire scene with my boss. Can't talk. We are at the University of Chicago." She agreed. That's when I saw a bunch of students come out coughing. Chief Hatcher then started speaking over the radio. "Attention all CFD Ambulances! If you are near the University of Chicago, divert here. I am activating Mass Casualty Protocol. I am in charge."

That's when I saw Severide. "Grissom, that's my niece. Can I go check on her?" Grissom then looked at me and nodded. "Delaney, you're in charge for a minute." He agreed while I ran over to the ambulance so that I could see Eva and check up on her quickly. God, I hope she's all good because if not...Antonio is going to kill me.