Chapter 542

An hour later when Gabby wakes up alone in bed:
Gabby's POV:
As I wake up alone in bed, I start getting concerned because I knew that Matt was still a little emotional after his conversation with Jay. That's when I heard him crying in the master bathroom. Getting up, I went to walk over to the washroom when I heard him slam the counter with his hand. "God, had I just not gotten arrested!" I then sighed as I went to walk in. "Matt, you can't do that to you. To us. You can't blame yourself for causing the miscarriage. You are not to blame babe." Matt then turned to look at me. "Shit, did I wake you up?" I sighed. "No."

Matt then looked at me. "The twins?" I shook my head and then put my hand out. "Come here and come back to bed. We can talk there okay? Just come lay down in bed and let me hold you Matt." Matt nodded when I said that before going to walk over to me. He then went to hug me and just sighed as he kissed my head. "I am sorry ahead of time if I yell okay? I just have a lot going on in my head right now. You might not agree with my thoughts but...they are in there."

Grabbing his hand, I went to lead him back to bed. I then smiled as I told him to get in so that I could join him. Agreeing with me, Matt went to get in bed. Going to get in next to him, I got close to him before putting my hand on his neck. Matt then tugged the covers up and brought me against his chest with my legs in between his. Holding him close, I leaned my forehead against his before going to kiss him softly. "You are not to blame for me having lost a triplet."

Matt sighed when I said that before looking into my eyes and putting his hand on my hip. "Gabby, how can you say that when I got arrested on the day you miscarried? Had me and Antonio not gotten into that fight...then maybe we wouldn't have lost the baby. Or at the last, I could have been there when you got the news. I still regret that so much...and learning that Jay and Erin had triplets is bring up all these old emotions I have. We should've been the ones who had triplets. I loved the baby boy we were going to have. He was...is our son to this day."

I nodded when he said that before going to rub his cheek. Kissing him softly, I then went to kiss Matt's neck as I tried to make him feel better. "Matt, just listen to me okay? There may be many reasons why I miscarried. But you are not one of them. Did you get arrested that day? Yes...but that doesn't mean you are to blame for me having miscarriage. Matt, you are just as much a victim when it comes to having lost a baby as am I. You're the father of the baby we miscarried and you are allowed to grieve just as much as I am." Matt nodded when I said that.

"I guess I just feel like had I been with you...maybe it wouldn't have happened." I nodded when he said that before moving my hand to his. "And maybe had you been with me, we could've lost the entire pregnancy. Matt, it was out of our control. Matt, you can't do this to yourself. Especially not when I can't be stressed right now." Matt was confused when I said that. "What are you talking about Gabby?" I then smiled and looked at him. "Okay, just hear me out. You remember when we came home for father's day?" Matt nodded when I asked him that.

Matt's POV:
When Gabby brought up father's day, I had a quick flashback and couldn't help but smirk considering what we did that night. "That was a great father's day. A lot of fun in bed." Gabby smiled when I said that before going to put her hand on my cheek. I then went to kiss her softly. "Let's just say that we did a good thing getting a house with 3 kids bedrooms. Two of them can share." was confused when she said that when it started to click. "NO!" Gabby then smiled as she rolled over to grab the pregnancy test. "I was going to show you tonight."

I smiled when she said that and went to put my hand on her stomach. "God, this is crazy." Gabby nodded when I said that and smiled at me. "Best part of this Matt...we are together, we want it and there is nothing to worry about this time. There is no aneurysm to put your baby girl at risk." I then looked at her when she said that and smiled at the thought of another baby girl. "I like that idea honestly. I know that this baby won't replace the baby we lost but...does it feel like justice?" Gabby nodded when I said that and smiled at me. "You're getting clipped."

I agreed with her when she said that and just smiled. "God, looks like Louie is going in the basement after all. Then either our two baby boys or two baby girls can share a room." Gabby nodded when I said that and smiled at me, kissing me slowly. "I love the sound of that. However, I want to keep this just between us and Louie for as long as possible okay? I don't want people calling us crazy." I nodded when she said that and agreed with her. "You do realize that means that your plans for going back to Ambo just went out the window. I am not letting you..."

Gabby nodded and agreed with me when I said that. "I am going to be the OFI liaison. Severide can be my assistant." I nodded when she said that and smiled at her. "God, are we really doing this?" Gabby nodded and smiled at me. She then went to kiss me and just smiled. "We are. Now, how long do you want to keep this a secret from Louie? From Antonio? From the CFD?" I then bit my lip when she asked me that and just sighed. "God, that's a hard one. If we tell Louie, he might tell people. But if we don't tell him...then he'll know we are lying to him about something."

Gabby agreed with me as she kissed me again. "We should tell him. But tell him it's a secret. If it gets out, it gets out." I nodded when she said that and smiled at her. "God, this is just crazy. 4 kids." Gabby nodded and just smiled. "But crazy in a good way. It seems right." I nodded and smiled at her. "Yes. Now listen, I am going to go get you a snack so that we can keep this one fed." Pushing her onto her back, I went to lift up her shirt and then kissed her stomach. "I already love you little one. Daddy's going to keep you safe." Gabby smiled when I said that.

Rubbing my head, she brought my lips to hers and then kissed me softly. "There is some nacho dip that my mom made in the fridge. The pizza is for supper. Can you go get me the dip and the Nacho chips?" I nodded and smiled at her as I went to kiss her. "I love you." Gabby smiled and agreed with me. "I love you too." Going to get up, I smiled at her...still in disbelief that we are expecting our 4th (and maybe even 5th) child together.