Dont Be Afraid: Joger

John shakes dragging his duffel bag to his new home for the next six months. He regrets stealing that can of soup. He was just so hungry and so was his baby sister. His mum was struggling to put food on the table so John took it into his own hands. And now he's here at Prescott's Reformatory School For Trouble Boys.

He was a straight A student on the honor roll with full scholarships and he threw it all away over a can of soup.

The sheriff told his mum: "First it's soup, then it's clothes, then it's electronics, then it's stealing prescriptions, then get hooked on narcotics."

So his mum decided a refotmatory school was best for her baby boy. And now here's John being shoved into a room by a man named Sargent. His eyes are cold and emotionless.

John jumps out of his skin when a blond boy with piercings and tattoos sits up from one of the beds. His blond hair sticking up everywhere.

"Who?" Roger slurs reaching over for something that looked like a thick book.

John holds his hands up dropping his bag in surrender, "I'm your new roommate "

"Great." The blond's eyes scan over John, "Christan huh? What did you do? Burn a church?"

"Wha?" John looks down and sees he's wearing the golden cross necklace his mum gave him before he left, "Oh my mum gave it to me."

The blond rolls his eyes, "Shocking your mum still loves you."

John cringes, he puts his bag down on his bed.

And sits down, "I'm John Deacon " he sticks his hand out.

"Roger." The blond growls, "Stay on your side of the room." He rolls over, yanking his blanket around him.

John's eyes widened, "O-Okay…"

The first few weeks were rough. They woke up at 5AM sharp. Got yelled at, fed slop, got ready, and did hard labor until noon where they were fed more slop, and went back to work until 10PM. If they fucked up the staff had paddles and whips.

John's feet and hands were blistered.
He always felt sick and flinched at every little noise. It was awful. Everyone acted like everyone was out to get them. John had blood and dirt caked in his hands and nails.

John got in trouble for taking extra stale bread.

"Move dick." Roger growls elbowing him to get into the room.

John winces,

"Look Roger. I get it. You hate sharing a room with me. You hate me, look I've tried everything to be nice to you, Roger.Yet you push and push me away. I'm tired of being your doormat!"

John bawls his fists up dropping the book he was carrying and slings a fist into Roger's chest,

It was like time froze.

Everything went into slow motion. The little smirk on Roger's lip, the way his blue eyes darken. Roger pinned John's hands above his head slamming him into the wall. Roger had the grip of a pissed off gorilla.

John could see the tattoo on Roger's bicep twitch. It was a tattoo of cat and paw prints. It read Ziggy on it.

"You think that hurts?"