Johnica: A Peaceful Movie Night

John takes Veronica’s hand as they walk through the DVD store. She pulls John to the romance section, John sniffles some and glances around. He really didn’t care for the romance category. John kisses her cheek, “I’m going to check out the comedy section.”

Veronica pecks his lips and John wanders to the comedy section. He finds two movies he wanted to buy and picks them up, moments later Veronica joins him and they’re checking out. In total they had five movies.

Veronica goes to the petrol station and picks up some snacks for the movie night. John helps her pick out a few good ones, “And I got flavored popcorn at the house.” John beams as they check out, “This is going to be the best movie night ever.”

Veronica leans closer to him, “Plus the kids are at my parents’ place for tonight.” She puts a hand on John’s chest making him shudder, “You know what that means?”

“What?” John whispers feeling a blush dusts across his face,

“We get all the cookies to ourselves.” She pulls away,

“Oh.” John giggles, shaking his head, “You’re silly.” 

They pay for their snacks and drive home. John gets the popcorn popping and Veronica sets up a blanket fort around their couch and tv.

“You know I really love you.” Veronica says sprawled out on her stomach, “I love our little at home date nights.”

“I really love them too.” John snuggles into her side, “Which movie are we watching babe?”

“Dirty Dancing.” Veronica giggles, 

John fiddles with the remote, “Lucky us.” He smiles, “Maybe we can practice our dance moves.”

She laughs and throws a couch pillow at him, “You know I don’t dance anymore.”

John steals kisses, “Oh yes you can!” He giggles, “You be Baby and I’ll be Johnny!”

Veronica giggles softly, “We shouldn’t have seen that movie in theaters.” She jokes pecking his lips.

They settle back down cuddling each other. Veronica was intently watching the movie now she was chewing her lip a little. The tv buzzes softly before cutting to static and a hard core porno of two women and a man. A third woman walks into frame, a tail clenched between her cheeks. She holds a whip in her hand and a back scratcher in the other, she looks at the three with a mischievous smirk.

Veronica squawks and covers her eyes and John dives over to grab the remote popcorn flying everywhere. Some go into Veronica's shirt making her squeal as the hot kernels smack her cleavage. She bucks John off as the VHS player spits out the tape and John crams it back into the case, 

“Oh, the store is going to get an earful from me.” John hisses nose scrunched up looking like an angry Chihuahua who got their tail stepped on.

Veronica peeks out behind her hands, “That’s so disgusting, what if the kids had been home? We’re never renting from there again.”

John nods in agreement and reaches for one of the comedy movies instead. That’s probably a safer option anyways. Veronica is looking anywhere but at John now, her face now matching her hair, “Hey, babe. It happens. There’s always going to be some weirdo who ruins movies.”

John pecks her on the lips and Veronica seems satisfied with that answer and looks at her husband, “I’m going to go make some more popcorn.” She grabs the green bowl shakes what little remains are left in the bow. She shakes the bowl that got flipped over when John dove down to grab the remote from his stunned wife’s lap, “Can I add the chocolate seasoning?”

“Mm salty and sweet just like you.” John grins, 

Veronica playfully thumps him on the head barely grazing him, “Meanie.”

“I’m not a big meanie.” John giggles wrapping his arms around his wife’s waist, “I just love my salty sweet wife.” He nuzzles his face into her chest,

“And you like my boobs too.” She laughs ruffling his hair, “Does the baby need the teat?” She teases.

John pouts and nips her tit, “Bully. My naughty bully.” He nips her titty again,

Veronica laughs and pets his head she walks to the kitchen, John following her like a lost puppy. He nuzzles her, “Hey babe?”

“What, Johnny?” She asks slapping the popcorn into the microwave,

“Can we order takeout? I’ve been wanting chicken for a while now.”

“From where?” She asks, turning to face him, “I can’t think of any local chicken places.”

“That new chicken place that opened up recently.” John tells her, grabbing the flyer off the fridge, “Called Clucky’s they serve boneless wings too.”

“Sauced too?” Veronica asked,

“Yes and there’s a naked option too.” John says reading the flyer over.

Veronica grabs the phone and hands it over to John.  John dials the number and orders 2, 12 piece wing platters for them. John kisses Veronica’s cheek, “Let me spoil you tonight.”

Veronica blushes and smiles, “I love it when you spoil me.”

John giggles and runs into the basement telling Veronica to wait up there. He comes back with a nice bottle of wine, “Only the best for my lady.”

Veronica melts and feels her heart swell with more love for this funky little bass player. She kisses his cheek and grabs the large wine glasses, “Chicken wings and wine my favorite kind of movie night.” 

John giggles and pops the cork, “Go get the movie ready and I’ll bring in the snacks.”

Veronica retreats to the living room with the wine. John gets the snacks with his wife and steps out onto the porch to wait on the delivery man. He comes back in with two large boxes of wings and plops down next to his pretty wife.

They turn the comedy on and cuddle each other drinking wine and eating chicken wings by the handfuls. Once they’re done with that and are cuddling resting against each other, Veronica can only close her eyes and think that this was the best movie night of her life.