Happy Birthday-! Why Are You Screaming?: Queen

John woke up with Veronica wrapped around him like a koala. She had her face buried into his chest and she looked content. John looks up at the doorway as it is creaking slowly and the dull night light from the hall peers in, Robert and Micheal stumble in clumsily carrying a plate towards the bed. Some of the slope lands on the floor and John grimaces at the thought of cleaning it up.

John sits up scooting Veronica over some who slowly wakes up, “Hey boys.” He smiles sweetly, “Whatcha got there my little mans?”

“Happy bi’thday.” Micheal shouts, throwing globs of buttered toast at John.

John laughs and takes the toast and the plate of what could be oatmeal but it was grey enough to be anything. It seemed to be breathing too. John bravely eats a few spoonfuls before saying he’s full. Veronica wakes up and giggles softly seeing John have a helpless look on his face. She kisses her sons on the head,

“Looks like someone made daddy a birthday breakfast.” Veronica chuckles,

Veronica takes the plate and cleans up the boys’ messes. She gets on the phone and dials Freddie. She spends her time talking softly and cooking gummy pancakes and candy bacon for John. Her and Freddie spend the whole time talking until breakfast is cooked.

John asks who she was talking to but she shakes her head and only smiles at him sweetly. Like she does when one of the boys do something stupid. John frowns and eats his pancakes. They never keep secrets from each other.

John gets up and wipes his face, “Well I better get into the studio. Freddie called in a big meeting.”

“No.” Veronica says standing up, “Freddie called it off!”

John looks startled at Veronica’s yelling, “What?!”

“Uh.. Uh..” Veronica unbuttons her top, “Happy birthday.”

John tries to ignore his wife’s odd behavior and enjoy whatever she’s trying to do. They haven’t enjoyed themselves this much since baby two was born. John is a bit dazed at Veronica’s sudden rush for sex but it’s a good birthday surprise for sure.

He’s still worried as Freddie hasn’t called him at all, not even to wish him happy birthday. Nor has Brian or Roger. Not even Jim Beach. John keeps checking his phone, he sends texts out even tries to call nothing.

“Vernny I got to go. Something is wrong with them.” John stands up,

“Our friends?” Veronica had the boys in her arms,

“Of course. They haven’t talked to me all day and Freddie hasn’t called you.” John says furrowing his brows.