The Bass Player: Johnica

John grips his bass case and his platforms tap against the floor, creaking a small echo as music comes out of all rooms. John just failed his audition and he didn't know what to do now. His heart felt heavy. What more could they want from him? His first born? A lock of golden hair?

He thought he did well and he did better than ever. He played them five songs and even got them their coffees. Hell he even did some of their maths homework for them. But then they told him he wasn't good enough and that they need someone older with more experience.

Goddamn John may only be nineteen but his mind is older. He's smart for his age. Just give him a chance. He doesn't mean to brag but he can amaze and astonish you with his talent. The girls don't talk about his talented fingers for nothing.

The brunet is snapped from his thoughts by a high pitched yelling that sounds like a woman in a fight. A door is flung open, a flurry of blond, black, curls, and red buzz around the hall nearly swallowing up John as a man is forcibly removed from the room and out of the building.

The small brown skin man looks up at John. Warm brown eyes pierce John's green grey eyes. The man's eyes flicker down and a mischievous smirk forms on his lips as he meets back with John's eyes, "So you play bass, huh?"

The other two men, a blond and a very tall curly haired man, step up from behind the ebony haired man like John is the Messiah they've been waiting for.

"Yes I play bass." John lifts up his case he was going to throw his second chance, "I take that the auditions didn't go well?"

The blond lights a cigarette stealing a light from the ebony haired man, " He grabbed my arse and wanted me to get him coffee." 

"And we got into a bit of a scuffle." Freddie  replies touching his nose, "If he fucked up my face I'm suing him."

John squints looking at his face, "Your nose is a bit crooked." 

The man laughs, "I know that." He laughs more, "I'm Freddie."

John sticks his hand out, "John Deacon." 

Brian shakes John's hand, "I'm Brian May hopefully soon Dr. Brian May." 

John grins and Roger grips his hand firmly, "Roger Taylor." 

They all shake hands and John is led into their room, 

"So what is this band called?" John asks as hes setting up his bass.

"Smile." Freddie replies sipping a cola from a glass bottle, "But I'm going to change it. Just need the perfect name."