1º Chapter

#Elena POV#

I looked at the big white doors in front of me, the classic music could be heard from where I stood and it felt kind of inviting. Before I could get near the door I felt someone grab my arm, and of course it had to be Damon.

"What are you doing here? I thought that you didn't want to come." - I say while taking a few steps away from him coming closer to the door.

"Well, I still don't want to be here, but a certain human that I care deeply about, loves to get into problems, so here I am, ready to save the night." - He gave me his arm so I could hold it but I didn't take it.

"Well, then maybe it is better if you go. This night is supposed to be about making peace with the enemy, Rebekah told Stefan that they want to stay in town for a while and i don't want enemies to be my neighbors." - The doors opened in front of me and finally I looked inside.

"Yes, you are probably right, but it is better if you know that Klaus undaggered all of his siblings." - Damon says in a mocking tone and that made me take a step back.

"What are you talking about?" - I asked him, looking around me.

"Yes, nouble Elijah, made Klaus undaggered all of them." - He says looking around too and smiles when he sees the table that holds the drinks. - "Enjoy your night, if you need anything, call Stefan. After all, he is the good brother"

And with that, he walked away leaving me alone. One girl came behind me asking for my jacket, I gave her a little smile and gave it to her. I was walking around when I spotted Caroline entering the big mansion. I was making my way towards her, but I stopped as soon as I saw Klaus coming in Caroline's direction. This will be one hell of a night.

#Kol POV#

I was walking around the house searching for something to take a bite, if you know what i mean, but no one seems interesting enough for that. I thought about going to annoy Rebekah for a while, but she was with her human date. I was at the top of the stairs still looking around for something to keep my mind of this stupid ball thing, when i saw her. The curly hair resting lightly on her shoulder, her brown eyes that didn't stop for five seconds in the same place in the room.

Anyone could mistake her for Katherine, but only a fool would say they were the same, obviously she is the newest doppelganger and with that, Klaus wants to keep her alive, so i found the perfect plan for the night, annoying my brother.

I walked down the stairs and found her in the center of the room, still alone. I walked close to her with two cups of champagne and put my best smile on my face.

"Good evening darling, are you here all by yourself?" - I tried to sound casual, but there is nothing casual about me.

"Hey, well... seems like it, all of my friends got dates, so i was left alone... but it's fine." - She barely looked at me so I put the second glass of champagne in front of her eyes. - "Thank you" - She says.

"You'd have to be a crazy man not to want to be your date tonight" - I said to her trying to get her attention. "Kol Mikaelson by the way." - I said and immediately her eyes were on me.

"So... you're the younger brother" - She says more to herself than to me.

"Oh, so you've heard of me, fantastic." - I smiled at her trying not to scare her. "Don't worry, I'm not going to kill you or anything." - I tried to reassure her and I saw her relax in front of me.

"So... you are not the psychopath that Klaus and Elijah described?" - She asked taking a sip of her champagne.

"Well, I am. But you see darling, that's the advantage of immortality, you can change multiple times during your life. Right now, I'm trying to be a better man. Of course it isn't easy, but I'm trying." - I looked into her eyes when I heard Elijah from the top of the stairs calling everybody's attention. - "Sorry Darling, i have to go but, save me a dance."

I swear I could see her smile but I had to get to the top of the stairs with all of my siblings, Finn and Elijah were doing the talking, while me, Rebekah and Niklaus were just smiling at the guest in front of us. I still had my eyes on her so I saw perfectly when a man got near her, she was talking to him, but her eyes we're on me. I was never a fan of the Petrova doppelgangers, but maybe this one is different, at least she is the only one of the three that I want to know better.